Chapter 18 | Gossips

He gestures and everyone but one person starts to surround him in a circle.

"You know I'm not the type to engage in these childish gossips but whatever is happening lately couldn't go unnoticed."

"Do not tell this to boss, okay?" He glances at everyone with furrowed brows as they all nod their heads in concur.

"Alright, so you guys know about the girl who had her life spared?"

Everyone nods in unison but one person who doesn't join the conversation.

"Pedro, you keep a look-out and notify us when he comes okay?" He says as that one person who didn't join glances at him with an eyeroll.

"Okay, so it was like this..."

❁ ❁ ❁

Yesterday Flashback

Liam

We stood near the counter not doing anything but staring at the crowd and tasting our drinks.

A few minutes after having walked into that club, ladies started to notice us, or...

They started to notice him.

Like usual, one by one, they tried to test their luck.

As expected, a young woman who was sitting on a couch nearby ascended and approached him.

"Hello handsome." She spoke in a coquettish tone and manner as she elevated her hand up to push a strand of her long black hair behind her shoulder, purposely showing him a part of her plump breasts.

"Would you like to buy me a drink?" She asked, touching his chest with her index finger and trailed her long manicured nail downwards, slowly.

He just stood there and smirked, not budging a muscle under her touch.

"Sure." He pursed his lips with an eyebrow raised and shrugged.

Then I was also asked the same question by one of her friends.

"Handsome, would you buy me one too?" Some chick blowed into my left ear.

I flinched slightly when her face suddenly appeared into my sight when I turned around.

The girl really stood just an inch away from me.

"Miss, you are standing too close to me." I took a few steps back.

"Would you buy me a drink?" She asked, demandingly.

"No, go away." I replied back and rolled my eyes.

"Oh wow! You're such a rude person!" She exclaimed with her mouth open in surprise, trying to draw attention towards us before walking away.

I shook my head and turned around to see what boss was doing with that chick.

"Thank you for the drink. You're such a gentleman." She chuckled, covering her mouth with her fingers shyly.

...

"Oh I don't feel so good." She closed her eyes and fell into his chest as he grabbed her.

"Maybe... Maybe you should take me to your home." She still acted dizzy and refused to stand on her feet properly.

Then something had the crowd become tumultuous as we both looked over.

I spotted a familiar face in the crowd and so did he.