[𝟎𝟎𝟖]

-Chapter Eight: For Humanity-

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

     "Why didn't you kill me before?" she yells, stepping back slowly. Her heart drops when he practically teleports in front of her, a knife to her neck in an instant.

She doesn't move, afraid that doing so would slice her throat with one clean cut.

     "I was crazy before, but fuck Y/N. You've driven me insane," he says with a manic laugh. Her neck is cut slightly and she winces in pain.

He removes the knife and brings it to his lips, licking off the drop of blood with a smile.

     "Y/N!" Megumi calls, jogging up to them. She watches as the two exchange hostile glares and diverts her gaze to her friend's wounded state.

     "Are you okay? You're bleeding so much," she says, watching as the red liquid drips from his head and arm. Toji feels his repulsion towards the boy grow as she shows genuine concern for him.

She diverts her attention between the two and her breathing intensifies. Megumi isn't in the state the fight, and she doesn't have the strength to defeat this bounty hunter. They're outmatched and it's obvious to anyone.

Toji notices her uneasiness and sighs.

     "I'm not going to kill you," he says. "I have other plans for you. I'll find you again once I'm finished with my mission."

Before she can ask him to elaborate, he disappears with a speed that matches up to even Sukuna, leaving her stunned.

She snaps out of it when Megumi falls, and she runs over to help him up. She guides him to a building and lies him down on its wall, taking off her jacket to tie his arm.

     "I've been having dreams and visions of you," she says, catching him off guard. He blushes and she shakes her head at the misunderstanding. "Nothing weird, just small clips of a memory I've lost and tried everything to get back."

His eyes widen and he looks to the ground, clearly hiding something.

     "Shoko said that if I remember this thing, it'll change how I perceive those around me. You obviously know what I'm talking about, and I'm ready to face whatever was so grand it had to be forgotten. I trust you Megumi, that you'll tell me the truth."

     "Not this again," he says with a groan, unable to control the pounding of his heart and urge to spill it out. "I really hope Gojo doesn't show up again."

He gives a sigh and looks to her, willing to betray everyone's trust to put him in a higher standpoint in her mind. She'll hate them all, everyone but him.

      "Gojo has killed many people for you, innocent people. He threatened to kill more if Yaga told you. Everyone knows about it, and he's not the only one that has murdered."