Chapter 11 | Sam

"That's enough, Aubrey!" His voice can be heard loud and clear. He is bawling someone out. I hope it's that crazy woman.

"Don't fucking tell me what to do. I'm the boss, not you!"

"If you ever do this again, I swear I will fuck you up!"

"Ye- yes..." Her voice quivers.

That sounds so satisfying. Ya got what coming at ya, Aubrey.

...

I step outside, checking out everything from the mansion point of view. I'm standing on the stairs stage. Around 10 feet from the ground.

Sam is waiting for me at a car, not a van, it's a black Mercedes this time.

He gets in the driver seat after seeing me

He gets in the driver seat after seeing me. I walk over to the back seat row.

"Sit in the front." He signals me.

"Okay...?" I retract my hand from the back seat handle to the front, then get in next to him with a tense countenance.

"Just relax." He calmly speaks.

I try to steady my breathing as well as lessen the stiffness of my muscles, pressing my back against the soft pad of the seat as a sense of ease starts to spread across my spine.

"Where do you live?" He asks, looking at me.

"Uh..." I hum, thinking of another address that is away from my actual one so that he wouldn't know where I live.

"Are you afraid of us intruding your place or something?" He lifts his brows, turning his head facing me.

"Well uh..."

"If we had that kind of thoughts, you would be dead by now." He shrugs and cuts his eyes off mine.

"Alright..."

"... Uh... It's the Grandiose Glacier apartment on-" I reveal.

"Grandiose Glacier..." He mumbles under his breath.

"Got that. Now, buckle up." He commands after thinking for a moment, fastening his seat-belt, plugging the key into the ignition switch.

"Um... Okay..." I narrow my eyes, turning my gaze back to the road as I also fasten mine.

"You know, this has never happened before." He mutters as he turns on the engine and the car roars to life, earning a prying look from me.

"I'm sorry?" I raise a brow at him.

"Boss has never let anyone leave his house like this." He says, still looking ahead, heading towards the gates as they open by themselves.

"Like what?" I innocently ask.

He stays silent for a moment.

"Alive." He stresses the word, shifting a gear.

"... Let alone a person who got to see all of our faces." He adds.