98~ Scandle

Yana's POV
~~~~~~~~~~

"Yana... Yana..." I woke up with a jerk and saw my mother staring at me with a tense expression.

"Are you not fine, baby? How come you are sleeping at this moment?" she bombarded me with questions, and I took a moment to process.

I glanced at the mirror and stared at my reflection. It felt like nothing had happened a few minutes ago, but a slight cut on my lip reminded me it was real.

"I'm fine, Maa. Let's go," I said, getting up and adjusting my lehenga and accessories with make up.

I didn't wait for her and walked out with a straight face, cascading down the stairs. All eyes turned towards me, yet my gaze met those black orbs looking devastated.

I smiled at his friends, who didn't bother to return it, and peeked at him again, noticing his tight grasp on a whisky glass.

"Just think of him as a mere stranger, Yana," I reminded myself.

I turned towards the man who was smiling at me, his eyes fixated on me as if there was no one else in the room.

I stepped towards him, and he helped me onto the stage, kissing my palm sloppily.

His mother faked a smile at me, and I glanced at Yashika Di, who maintained a neutral expression. So I returned that fake smile.

It took just a few minutes, JUST A FEW MINUTES, and he slipped a ring onto my finger, and I did the same for him. Applause filled the hall, congratulating us.

I submitted myself to him, giving this life a chance to bloom without the person I wanted to spend my whole life with.

Now, I am officially engaged to Tarakshya Roy Rajdhan, to be his bride.

He bent down, grabbing my waist and pulling me closer. "Congratulations," he whispered.

"Congratulations to you too," I replied, averting my eyes and meeting those tear-filled black eyes again. This time, I decided to forget I ever loved him.

Now Ardhansh Singhaniya is a closed chapter of my life, "A chapter I wish to never open again."

"Can I kiss my beautiful fiancée?" He asked in hoarse voice looking eager. And I placed my palm on his chest, letting my tears soak my cheeks.

I nodded slightly, and his large palm moved on my waist. He tilted my neck, gaining good access. His breaths slowly came closer as he bent down, the piercing on his lips brushing the corner of my lips, causing my breath to hitch in my throat.

"I will love you, baby, in a way no one has ever loved someone," he whispered, almost ready to press his lips to mine.

But a loud thud caught us off guard.

"Fucker..." I heard that voice, and it made me pull away to see Ardhansh punching a news reporter badly.

No one intervened, literally no one, including his friends. I tried to walk forward, knowing the reason was likely me, but I felt Tarakshya's tightened grip on me as he pulled me closer.

"Stop him, Tarakshya," I whispered, lifting my eyes to look at him, only to see him enjoying the scene with a smirk.

I glanced at Yashika Di, hoping she would intervene, but she held a scared Ayaan close to her chest and did nothing.

I waited impatiently, expecting someone to step in, but no one did.

As Ardhansh grabbed a wine bottle, ready to break it over the poor man's head, Tarakshya finally loosened his hold on me.