Chapter 8

"Thanks to my Sis KaylaAngel for the cover. Pic of Ki in the m/m.****

Kierra POV-

It was Saturday finally a day off but that means nothing to me. My Saturday mornings are spent cleaning. Then I sleep the rest of the day.

Because I wake up so early for work, my body just doesn't want to obey the weekend rule by sleeping in. Kris was knocked out with no problems tho. 😒

Aug was at his little sleepover with Bev. [inserts eye roll].

And I braided up my hair, put on lounging clothes and was now mopping the floor. There was a knock at the door.

I looked through the peephole. It was August. I went back to mopping.

"I saw your bug eye through the peep hole." He said on the other side.

I kissed my teeth and opened the door.

"I got excited thinking you were moving in with Bev."

"I don't know her like that." He closed the door.

"You don't know me." I rolled my eyes dipping the mop in the bucket of water.

"No, but I know Kris." He walked into the living room putting his bag down.

"And it's not Kris's house." I said smartly.

He laughed coming in the kitchen leaning on the wall, watching me mop.

"I'll do it." He reached for the mop.

"I got it." I moved his hand.

He shook his head and was about to go back in the living room to sit down.

"How was your little date?" I asked not looking up from mopping.

"It wasn't a date we was cooling." He leaned on the part of the counter in the living room that faced the kitchen.

"Y'all seem to be getting pretty close to me." I asked prying.

"Why you mad cause you want to be close to me?"

"Ha!" I laughed. "Please." I kept mopping.

"You seem pressed to me?" He came in the kitchen leaning on the fridge smirking.

"Boy you're not even my type."

"Oh really?" He chuckled.

"What's your type then?" He turned his lip, like I'm ready to hear this.

"Tall, dark and handsome. And all you got is the tall." I looked at him and turned my head slightly to the side. "Bloop."

I went back to mopping.

"I'm not your type but you kissed a nigga tho." He leaned against the fridge with this perplex look on his face being funny like he exposed me.

Boy bye. 😒

"I kissed you on your cheek boo. And it was just to see if you would wake up."

"Oh you, sleeping beauty now?"

"August goodbye."

"Oh I have a name that's not jail bird." He clapped. "Didn't know you knew it."

"Whatever. August the jail bird." I slightly laughed, adding the ending on purpose.

"So those corners of your mouth do curl up? They're not always in an ugly pout."

"Goodbye." I tried to stop smiling but I couldn't.