The legend Aka nandun

In the picturesque valleys of Jammu, there lived a young shepherd named Aka Nandun. He tended to his flock of sheep with great care, and his heart was as vast as the mountains that surrounded him.

One day, while grazing his sheep near a crystal-clear stream, Aka Nandun noticed a shimmering golden fish swimming gracefully. Its scales sparkled like the morning sun, and its eyes held ancient wisdom. Mesmerized, Aka Nandun approached the fish and spoke to it.

"Beautiful fish," he said, "why do you stay in this secluded stream? What secrets do you guard?"

The golden fish smiled and replied, "Aka Nandun, I am no ordinary fish. I am the guardian of a hidden treasure buried deep within these hills. If you prove your worthiness, I shall grant you a wish."

Aka Nandun's eyes widened with wonder. "What must I do?" he asked.

The fish explained, "You must perform three selfless acts of kindness. Only then will you unlock the treasure's location."

Determined, Aka Nandun set out on his quest. He helped an old woman carry firewood to her humble cottage, shared his meager meal with a hungry traveler, and rescued a wounded bird from a hunter's trap. Each act filled his heart with joy.

As the seasons changed, the golden fish reappeared. "Aka Nandun," it said, "you have passed the test. Follow the stream upstream, and there you shall find the treasure."

Aka Nandun followed the stream, climbing higher into the mountains. Finally, he reached a hidden cave adorned with precious gems, ancient scrolls, and golden artifacts. But what caught his eye was a simple wooden flute lying atop a velvet cushion.

He picked up the flute and played a haunting melody. The cave echoed with its sweet notes, and suddenly, the walls shifted, revealing a secret passage. Aka Nandun stepped through and found himself in a lush garden where flowers bloomed year-round.

In the center of the garden stood a magnificent tree—the Tree of Wishes. Its leaves whispered secrets, and its roots touched the very essence of existence. Aka Nandun closed his eyes and made his wish: "May my people know everlasting peace and prosperity."

The tree rustled, and a gentle breeze carried his wish across the land. From that day on, Jammu flourished, and its people lived in harmony.

And so, Aka Nandun became a legend—a shepherd who found not just gold but the true treasure of compassion, selflessness, and love.

---

Hope you like it.
Share and comment.