12 - 𝐹𝓇𝑜𝓌𝓃𝓎 𝐹𝒶𝒸𝑒

Oh yeah, this doesn't look suspicious at all, she thinks, her e/c eyes scanning the house cloaked in greenery before moving to the old, barbed-wire fence surrounding it. How exactly are we supposed to get around that?

As if answering her unspoken inquiry, Wisteria steps to a nearby tree, glancing at Y/n cheekily. "I hope you like to climb," is all she utters before reaching up, gripping the branch closest to the ground, and proceeding to pull herself up with zero effort, as if not at all bothered by such physical exertion. She crouches once fully on the branch and hops to another one beside it, though a foot or so higher up. Y/n stands below, staring up at her with apparent disbelief as she makes her way around the tree until arriving on the other side, where she then drops to the ground, on the opposite side of the fence, and brushes the grime off of her hands. "Your turn."

Y/n shoots her an 'are you kidding me?' look, crossing her arms stubbornly. "You...you expect me, to do that?"

"It isn't hard." She shrugs, and Y/n raises an eyebrow, pointing to her foot as if it's obvious.

"I can barely walk with this thing. Much less scale a freaking tree." Clicking her tongue, Wisteria places her hands on her hips and narrows her violet eyes.

"Well, you gotta do it cause there isn't another way over here." Y/n glimpses around the fence, attempting to find some way onto the property that doesn't involve climbing; to her displeasure, she fails. "C'mon, kid. We have to get you in there before Brian gives me an earfull."

She shoots a brief glare at the girl, finally stepping to the base of the tree and scoffing. "I am not a 'kid'. You can't call me 'kid'."

"I can do what I want. I'm older than you."

"Yeah, by what? A year? Two?" Wisteria rolls her eyes. "That ain't a big difference."

"It's still a difference. So move it, kid." Deciding to ignore the comment rather than continue arguing, Y/n changes the subject and shifts her attention down to Sally.

"How is she supposed to get over there?"

"Oh, easy-peasy. Show her, Sal." The child nods and straightens her posture, skipping toward the fence. Y/n almost chokes when Sally walks straight through, not bothering to avoid the wood or move the wire, nope; she simply phases right through them and ends up on the other side, appearing unaffected. Wisteria grins proudly, resting a hand on top of the girl's head. "Told ya."

Y/n shakes her head in disbelief, attempting to rationalize what she witnessed. They did tell her that Sally's a ghost, but they never said she could casually stride through solid objects and concrete surfaces. However, if somebody's already dead and is merely a fraction of a physical being, she supposes that not much can hold them back from doing things like that. It's just a little hard to process when it takes place right in front of one's eyes. Perhaps it would be easier to comprehend had she mentally prepped herself for it; if she had expected it and gathered her bearings, though it takes her completely off-guard and she can't stop herself from sucking a large portion of oxygen down her throat, along with saliva, prompting her to cough and shield her mouth with her elbow.

"Isn't it cool?" Sally says, tilting her head and smiling sincerely. Y/n chuckles nervously, not sure how to react to the situation and speaking once she catches her breath.

"Uh...y-yeah. 'Cool.'" She rakes a hand through her h/c hair, trying to blink away the initial shock and reaching up to grab the same branch Wisteria had used to hoist herself up previously, pulling her body toward it. She struggles quite a bit and has to push against the trunk of the tree to gain some kind of boost until eventually, with some effort on her end, she manages to wrap her legs around the more or less thin branch and swings around, getting into a sitting position and trying to ignore the throbbing steadily becoming worse in her foot.