Chapter:17

Chavi's pov:

Right now, I'm standing in front of mirror, all dressed up for my roka and engagement. Claded in a forest green silk kanjivarum saree which has deep necked, full seleeved same coloured blouse.

I had put on eyelinear, mascara, khol and a light shaded pink lipstick.

My jewllery included few gold bangles, gold jumkas and my mumma's anklets.

You can imagine her look like this👇🏻

Overall I'm looking beautiful and nervousness is quite visible on my face

Overall I'm looking beautiful and nervousness is quite visible on my face. I'm getting cold feet basically.

My thought were intruppted by arya, badi ma and Iesha di entering the room who was carrying my little mishti in her arms.

I got up from place and turned to face them.

"My bacha is looking so pretty." Badi ma said while taking the khol from her eyes and putting it behind my ear.

"Kisi ki nazar na laga."
(let no one's evil eye be on you.)

I hugged her feeling overwhelmed with all my emotions.

She placed her palm lovingly on my head while hugging me tightly.

"Don't any of you dare to cry! You'll look like a witch chavi with all that messed up khol look and I'm not going to do your makeup again." Arya chimed in.

I rolled my eyes at her drama while badi ma smacked her lightly on the head.

She pouted in response while massaging her head. Iesha di and I chuckled at her antics.

"Let's go. They are waiting for us, mumma." Iesha di said.

I gave a small smile and we all went downstair.
While we were going downstair Iesha di asked me,
"Feeling nervous?"

"As hell! Everything is... going to be fine... Right?"

"Have faith on Mahadev chavi. It will be fine."

With that we reached the garden where the ceremony was supposed to happen.

It isn't going to be that fancy engagement. Only few very selected relatives are present here as I didn't want to have that extravagant engagement and all.

So, everyone decided to respect my decision.

Everybody was looking at me making me more nervous. I took a deep breath to calm my frazzled nerves and started to walk.

I took blessing feom everyone and stopped beside Rana sa who has been staring me down since I entered.

It's not like I saw him staring me but I can feel his eyes on me since I entered.

"Bhai sa, I know bhabhi ma is looking pretty but you should not stare at her like this." Ranvijay said teasingly.

"My fiance! My choice!" He replied with a shrug and smug look on his face. We got few chuckles at his reply.