1.

The first time we met was in prison

The first time we met was in prison. The high security prison, in which our cages where next to each other. We could talk, but we couldn't move, and food was rarely given to us each 3 days.

We never spoke, even tho we had every chance to. We looked at each other a few times, me not being able to recognize him at all, who he was or what he did.

__________________________

"What'd you do?" I hear him say in a spanish accent. I look to my left. He doesn't look at me at all. Its almost like he didn't say something and its the first time I even hear his voice.

"I killed cops. Many." I say and look forward again. Its not the proudest things I have done but it had to happen, to protect my father.

He humms in acceptance but doesn't say anything about himself.

"What about you?" I ask him but he still doesn't look at me.

"I killed the Captain of the Miami PD." he says coldly and stares infront of him. The cells grow silent. I stare at him for a little while but decide to lean back to sleep a little bit.

_______________________________

1 year later.

The wind blows through my face as I touch the grass beneath me with my feet. I close my eyes for a moment and breathe in the fresh, warm air. The flowers around me gives it a sweet note and I smile. Finally, I am free.

I walk back to my house a little later to see if my father's doing alright.

I open the door with my keys and lay down the book I had with me. I look up and see him.

I take a step back but close the door behind me. "What the fuck?" I exclaim and look at him, confused. He's in a basic black shirt and brown tactical pants. His hair has gotten shorter and he definitely trained more since I left.

"Its not my choice that I'm here, cariño, trust me." he looks around in my apartment and sighs. "You're not very creative, are you?" he asks me and I'm still confused how he can even stand here. He should be in prison.

"Don't fuck with me, Aretas. Tell me why you're here" I say and look at him with a hateful look.

"I never expected me to say this but, I need your help with a mission." he says and looks at me. God, those damn dark eyes.

"I'm done with fighting." I say and get me a glass to fill with tab water.

"You are?" he asks, ironically. He holds his phone up and shows a video of me, masked, fighting with someone in a hospital.

"You know that was for my father." I say and sit down at one of the bar stools.
He nods but smiles. "Its all still in you, cariño."

I look at him with cold eyes.
"15.000 for a week. 10.000 extra for every day we finish earlier. And we both know nothing we do takes longer than a few days." He smirks.

I walk around in the kitchen. Armando sits down at the crappy sofa. I could need this money but.. not from him.

"Leave. I need to take care of my father." I say and place down the empty glass.

I open the door for him to leave the house. He stands up and as he walks up to me, I get a strange feeling in my belly. He towers over me with his typical smile and says: "Y'know you got my number. Mission starts Friday." with these words, he leaves the house.

I close the door and feel my heart thumping in my chest.

"Hija, estás bien?"
(is everything alright, my daughter?)
I walk to the room my father lives in. His body is covered with cables and machines I stole from the hospital nearby. We couldn't actually afford to buy anything.

"Todo estás bien, padre."
(Everything is fine, dad.)
I answer and shake up his pillows.

The coughs of my father are getting worse, I know that he needs some serious treatment but I cannot afford that.

Armando is right.