Chapter 2- Back to Diagon Alley

"Austin!" I yelled as a bright light flashed in my room. Austin had found an interesting book on fire in my bookshelf and decided to try it, "Put your wand away!"

     "Finite Inflamare!" He yelled, disregarding my command. I watched sadly as one of my Egyptian pillows quivered with the fire that danced all around it.

     "Austin!" I yelled once more. He kept his nose in the book without acknowledging me. I leapt from my place by the bed to Austin and tried, without success, to take the book from his hands directly.

     "Hey!" He exclaimed when I finally retrieved the book, "Ye never let me do anything fun. I have to stay in this boring room all day!" He kicked a nearby clothes basket with an angry expression.

     "I thought my room was rather nice." I said disappointedly, "Besides, you have all of these books to read. And homework, I'm sure."

     "Great, I'll sit around all day and read about dragon scales, or billywig stings! I finished my homework already!" He sat down at the foot of my bed.

     "Well, It will all be better soon. We're gonna go to Diagon Alley and get you some stuff for second year."

     "Diagonally?" Austin said confusedly. "What are ye going on about?"

     "Diagon Alley. Didn't you go there last year?"

     "No, I had school. What is this Diagon Alley ye speak of?" He asked with child-like interest. I hadn't noticed it until he came to stay, but Austin was nothing but a soft, curious person with a hard exterior.

     "Diagon Alley is where all Hogwarts students go to get their school supplies. Wands, cauldrons, books. Nobody there hasn't gone to Ollivander's."

     "What's Ollivander's?"

     "Ollivander's is one of the only places someone could get a wand, Austin! Where did you get yours?" I asked with burning curiosity.

     "My mum gave it to me. She said it was my grandma's."

     I stood with my mouth wide open as I stared at Austin.

     "You have to go with us. I don't know how, but you will!" I said, sure.

     "And how do ye suppose I'm gonna do that?" He asked sarcastically.

     "My letter should get here today, so I'll know what you-"

     "MARK RUSKIN WAILER!" A sudden voice erupted. I jumped a foot in the air.

     "Hide." I demanded. Austin ran quickly into my closet. I threw my burnt pillow under my bed and stood, waiting for my father to open the door. My father walked in with an angry expression, my mother trailing behind with a confused expression. He held two envelopes in his hand.

     "Where is the boy?" He asked me.

     "I can explain." I said nervously. My father walked into the closet and successfully fished out Austin. Austin's eyes were wide and his skin was pale.

     "Dear," My mother started, "Why didn't you ask to have friends over?"

     "He needed a place to stay." I stated plainly, my head clouded from the intimidating weight of authority.

     "The Relishes live in a castle, Mark." My father said, "Why would he need to stay here?"

     "My mum kicked me out, sir." Austin admitted with his head down, "I asked for a broomstick and she got angry. I just wanted to have a good one like my brother. I can leave if you need me to." He started to walk away.