Only one bed.

The mission was going well, at first. But the enemy quickly took over, there were just too many of them.

As you ran toward the helicopter, it was too late already. The team couldn't wait and took off without you, leaving you behind with Ghost.

Price immediately communicated the location of the nearest safe house to Ghost. Where you would have to spend the night.

You weren't so delighted about the idea, but it was certainly better than being in danger.

You and Ghost didn't get along. The only times you exchanged a few words were either during missions, or when he made remarks about your 'arrogant' attitude.

In fact, you weren't arrogant, Ghost was just a bit of a grumpy asshole.
At least, it was what you thought.

The walk to the safe house was exactly as you expected, silent. Not surprising as Ghost wasn't the talkative type.

The cabin was hidden among huge trees. It was quite a reassuring place.
You both walked in, there was a fireplace in the middle with a small wooden table and a chair.

You sat on the chair and looked around. It was far from a five star hotel, but better than nothing.

And it was only for one night.

Ghost didn't say anything. He was standing by the window and taking in the view. You could have been alone in there and it wouldn't have changed a thing.

You decided to get up and explore the small house. At least it would pass time and you'd be closer to tomorrow.

You walked to the room, there was only one bed.
You hated this situation.

You'd rather sleep on the cold hard floor than sleep in the same bed as him.

"You can take the bed, I'm not tired anyway." You said as you walked past him and sat back on the chair.

"No I'm not, end of discussion." He replied and looked at you. You rolled your eyes and shrugged your shoulders.

If he wanted to stay on a chair all night long, it was his problem.

You weren't surprised only a few people got along with him. Wasn't he a bundle of joy...

It was cold in the room, and the blanket wasn't much of an help. You kept falling asleep and waking up.

You knew you wouldn't get the sleep you needed anyway. You got up and decided to check on him, wondering if he was as bored as you were.

As you discreetly approached, he was sharpening his knife in front of the fireplace.
He wasn't sleeping either.

"Still awake?" The sudden sound of his voice made you jump, catching you off guard.

"It's cold in there," you replied as you chuckled nervously and looked down at your feet.

For some reason, he only noticed now. How pretty you looked.

Especially with those few strands of hair falling down your face, those sleepy eyes, and that irresistible smile.

He took a few steps towards you until he stood in front of you. He walked past you. You followed.

"What are you-"

"I can't let you freeze, now can I ?" He gestured toward the bed, as a sign for you to lay down.

Your mind was racing as he joined you on the bed. His warm embrace made your heart flutter.

It felt wrong. For so many reasons, but his presence somehow felt so right.

"Still cold?" He asked with a smile as he looked down at you.

You shook your head and smiled back, "not anymore," you replied.

Maybe he wasn't so cold and grumpy after all.

Or maybe you could be something else than an arrogant brat.
Either way, it didn't really matter.

Because in the end, the two of you ended up sharing your warmth and secrets.