VII: Followed

Warning: use of foul/curse words; abuse; sexual hints (very light)

(Ezreal POV)

After the earlier events, we decided to head to the nearest food place for a proper breakfast. Once we had eaten, we returned to our place and spent the whole day discussing before our recording session. Lux and I informed the others that she was being followed by someone. They reassured us that the authorities would do their best to send the person back to prison. Lux had fallen for Sylas's manipulations, believing he would change, but he didn't. While discussing it, Lux received a phone call from her brother and excused herself to take it. After the call, she went inside and began packing. I stood up and asked her, "Hey, is everything alright? Why are you leaving?" She paused, looked at me, and said, "My house was broken into last night while I was sleeping." I then asked, "By whom?" She looked down at her things and said, "I don't know. But someone left a note for me."

I stood momentarily and said, "I'll come with you." "No," she replied. I was surprised by her response because I didn't expect her to say that out loud. "Why? Give me a good reason," I asked. She took a deep breath and said, "I don't want you to be involved in this." I scoffed at her response and said, "Lux, we made a vow about this. If either of us gets into trouble, we will stick together." She looked straight at me and said, "I got myself into this. So, I'm the one who should fix this." I'm in full shock. Why is she being like this?

(Quick Yone POV Switch)

I looked at the others, trying not to create a sound. I thought for a while and whispered to everyone except Ez and Lux, "Guys, we should give them some privacy." Everyone nodded and left. I followed the others to the other room, trying not to interrupt or listen to their conversation.

(Ezreal POV)

"Are you serious?!" I exclaimed. "I thought we agreed on this!" I added. She sighed and replied, "Yes, but some battles are meant to be fought alone." I shook my head and responded, "Lux, you don't have to carry this weight by yourself. We made that vow for a reason." She gave me a determined look and said, "This is my responsibility. I can't drag you into it." I took a deep breath and said, "Then at least let me stand by your side. You don't have to go through this alone, even if you're the one taking the lead."

She took a deep breath and said, "Fine. Just don't leave me, okay?" Lux gave me an 'I'm sorry' look. I slowly walked towards her and said, "Okay." I then hugged her, and I felt tears falling from her eyes. "Do you promise?" She asked. "I promise," I reassured her.

(Lux POV)

It felt timeless when I was in his arms. It was just Ez and I in our own world. I realized that he was the only man who would love me until I died. Also, thinking back on the argument we just had, I feel stupid for rejecting his offer. I know that he knows me better than anyone, even my brother. He is the man who fills the gap in my world, the man who will forever love me, and the man who will be my eternal love. I understand why he wants to go; he wants to protect me at all costs, from the dangers that this world has to offer, and from other men who would like to take advantage of me. He patted my back, moved away from our hug, and said, "Alright, we have something to do, remember?" I don't know why his voice is so soothing that it calms me down. It's better when he speaks in a monotone voice. I chuckled at his response. He then gave me a questioning look and asked, "What's funny?" I shook my head and said, "Nothing."

Suddenly, we heard a knock on the door and asked, "Done?" Realizing it was Yone, we allowed him to enter the room. He opened the door, and Ahri was with him. They entered the room, and we all stood in silence. "Argument is a part of a relationship. It's a test of whether you two are destined to be together. If you two settle down and say sorry to one another, it means it's meant to be for you. If not, it's not the time yet," he explained. We nodded in agreement after recalling what had happened. As I looked down, Ez looked at Yone and asked, 'Why are you explaining this?' Yone took a deep breath and explained, "I used to be in a relationship with someone. We used to argue every few months or so, but we lasted for four years before breaking up. I was 24, and she was 22. It was back in Japan right after my brother left me to pursue his dreams. I was working as a DJ in a club, and while I was performing, I saw her in the crowd, and I would take a glance every so often. She noticed this and waited for me after my performance. And that's it."