chapter 30: LDR

At the airport

Andrei: (Standing at the airport terminal, looking at Fides through the video call) "I wish I didn't have to go. It feels like I just got here."

Fides: (Smiling softly, but with a hint of sadness) "I know.. It's hard saying goodbye, even if it's just for now."

Andrei: (Sighing) "I'll be back before you know it. I promise."

Fides: (Nodding, her voice filled with warmth) "I know you will. Thank you for this week. It meant everything to me."

Andrei: (Gratefully) "Thank you for everything. For giving us another chance."

Fides: (Tenderly) "It was worth it, Andrei. Take care of yourself, okay?"

Andrei: (Nodding, his eyes filled with affection) "I will. You too. I'll call you as soon as I land."

Fides: (Smiling softly) "I'll be waiting. Safe flight."

Andrei: (Wistfully) "Goodbye, for now."

Fides: (Softly) "Goodbye."

And so, with a promise to return and hearts filled with hope, Andrei bid farewell to Fides knowing that their love would endure the distance. They had shared a week filled with laughter, rediscovery, and renewed commitment—a week that had strengthened their bond and deepened their resolve to build a future together. As Andrei boarded the plane, he carried with him the memories of their time together and the anticipation of their next reunion, counting down the days until he could hold Faith in his arms once more.

Andrei in the Philippines and Fides in the U.S on a video call...

Andrei: (Smiling softly over the video call) "Hey. How's your day been?"

Fides (Grinning warmly) "Hey, Andrei. It's been good, busy but good. How about yours? How's everything back in the Philippines?"

Andrei: (Nodding) "Yeah, it's been busy here too. I miss being with you though. I wish I could stay longer."

Fides: (Sincerely) "I miss you too. But we'll see each other soon, right?"

Andrei: (Nodding reassuringly) " I promised, didn't I? I'll be back as soon as I can. How about we plan something for when I'm back?"

Fides: (Excitedly) "That sounds wonderful! We can go hiking like we talked about, or maybe just spend a quiet weekend together."

Andrei: (Smiling) "That sounds perfect. I can't wait."

Fides: (Softly) "Thank you for keeping your promise, Andrei. It means a lot."

Andrei: (Gently) "I meant every word. I'll always be here for you."

Fides: (Gratefully) "And I'll be here waiting. Take care of yourself, okay?"

Andrei: (Nodding) "You too. Talk to you soon."

Fides: (Smiling warmly) "Talk to you soon, Andrei."

And so, despite the distance between them, Andrei and Fides found comfort and strength in their constant communication. Their calls and video chats became moments to cherish, bridging the gap until they could be together again. Each conversation reaffirmed their commitment and deepened their bond, reminding them of the love and hope that anchored their relationship.

Andrei: (Smiling warmly over the video call) "Fides, I think it's time."

Fides: (Curious) "Time for what, Andrei?"

Andrei: (Nodding thoughtfully) "Time for us to tell our parents about us. About our relationship."

Fides: (Surprised, then thoughtful) "You think we're ready?"