Chapter 0

Note: Kim Dokja in this AU commits suicide at the first year of middle school at 15 years old. The plot will also change a bit, considering that this is my ff, I can change it. So you might not recognize the plot here, but you might recognize familiar lines from the novel.

Kim Dokja is a reader. Just like the meaning of his name, Dokja. As a reader by nature, Kim Dokja, of course, has a favorite novel.

+

[Three Ways To Survive The Apocalypse]

Author: tls123

3,149 chapters.

+

If Kim Dokja wanted to be honest, he would say that it was too long for a mere novel, but he'd still continue reading it.

After all, he was still at a chapter near the very beginning. So why not read until the very end?

Kim Dokja, after being brought to the hospital, was given a device by one of the nurses there. Even though he could've bought a computer with his own saved money, he was still grateful to them, and still is.

That smartphone was the part where he decided not to buy a computer at first. He decided to buy a new smartphone in the earlier future if he could get more earnings. If he could get that far, though. That's what he was a little worried about, since he wouldn't be able to get to read his dearest novel.

He, Kim Dokja, was still in his first year of middle school ( 15-16 ) when he commited suicide and was later on brought to the hospital as the results of his fall.

But, it wasn't like he experienced just damage to his head and body, it was like he forgot some memories. Though, Kim Dokja did not think of it as much. Not like Kim Dokja had any friends, or did he? His past wasn't the best, after all.

Kim Dokja thought of it as unimportant enough to forget.

How could he even remember? How would he want to remember his past? To be fair, his childhood seemed like hell for him.

But it isn't like he forgot everything.

Kim Dokja still remembers a bit, like how his father was abusive to him and his mother. Although, he does remember his father died by his mother, which is why she's in jail for the timebeing.

He still remembers that memory vividly, the scene bloody and horrifying. The knife in his mother's hands. But Kim Dokja was still unsure of something that happened in that memory.

Some nights, he dreams about them. So clear, so... Cruel to him.

One night, he dreamed about a girl. Pretty, it was like the world's spotlight was on her. It was wonderful listening to her talk. If this world was a novel, she would likely be the lead. Was she God's favourite?

That very dream left Kim Dokja questioning who that was. A childhood friend? Kim Dokja doesn't remember anything like having a friend.

Or it might just be memory loss.

Maybe he did want to remember, just because of that girl who acted like she was his friend.

Did he really have a friend he could at least talk to? He hopes he did, he hopes he can meet her. But how can he know if she recognizes him? Her name? He doesn't even know it. What can he do now?

Kim Dokja was now hopelessly thinking about what to do.

Caramel hair, and a pretty smile. That was all he knew about the girl. Ah, he's hopeless now.

Throughout the days of trying to remember the girl, he's been practicing drawing her multiple times each day ( He uses the paper people throw in the trash if he doesn't have enough to draw ). Kim Dokja thought this was the only way to remember her. Kim Dokja never attempted to remember anyone's faces, or even names, unless they did something to him.

Just like how he remembers that damned Song Minwoo's face.

Even though the drawing at the beginning was pretty bad, Kim Dokja still moves forward. He still needs to learn about the face, and where they go.

He was still a beginner, not yet advancing.

Kim Dokja worked harder on drawing, studying the shapes and lightings. He could work in realism and other styles now. As he worked harder, his grades were slightly better. Of course, that's the result of working hard.

And it took 6 months.

During those 6 months, maybe he slacked off slightly sometimes, but, he needed to rest, alright? Kim Dokja was sleep-deprived before, but now he needs more sleep than usual.

When he had that dream of that peculiar girl, he stopped dreaming.

To be honest, he was quite thankful for her appearing in one of his dreams. Maybe she haunts him every single day, but, she also drove away his nightmares.

To be honest, when did these nightmares ever occur? Right, it was when Kim Dokja's mother stabbed his father.

His mother, Lee Sookyoung, was always mistaken as Kim Dokja's cousin because Lee Sookyoung looked too young to be the mother of Kim Dokja, who was now in his teens.

Of course, she was taller than him. Titles like an older sister, cousin, whatever they say. Kim Dokja wasn't annoyed about this, but he was annoyed by how his mother had written a story including his and hers entire life, and sold it as a novel. The name being;

"Notes From The Underground"

The word 'underground' which was used in the title is because Kim Dokja's mother was imprisoned due to a crime that she most likely committed. From this very novel his mother wrote, she earned money from this.

I mean, who wouldn't want to read a novel about someone in prison and their life? Well, that's the case if you're not their child, that is.

Of course, Kim Dokja is upset that his life has been used solely to gain money for a novel his mother wrote.

But it isn't like Lee Sookyoung, being his mother, was bad at parenting, it was all about his life being sold for money.

Kim Dokja still remembers how reporters swarmed around his apartment to ask questions about whether his mother really murdered his father. At that time, Kim Dokja was very pressured.

Kim Dokja, clearly, was not a good or bad person. But what Kim Dokja was so sure about, was him being bad. He, Kim Dokja, was great at analyzing people, and at judging.

It's just that... He can't analyze himself. It was like whenever he looked at his reflection, it was blurry. So, he didn't know what he looked like at all. Neither pretty, nor ugly.

Just... Blurry. It was strange. It was just like a wall was blocking his way of sight.

The mirror was clear, no fingerprints or stains that dried.

Therefore, that was the reason why Kim Dokja has self-esteem issues. Of course, back then, Kim Dokja had never noticed this.

The question in Kim Dokja's head in front of the mirror was that; 'Did my family notice this ever since I was a child..?'

The blur on his face wasn't harmful, much. Often, he would see his face clearly but it would blur again after a few moments. Kim Dokja could describe a few features, but it was still very vague.

Kim Dokja is very embarrassing.

Ever since he once took a picture of himself in the school's restroom, he felt so embarrassed and realized that doing this was stupid. Oh, he was a fool. He really was, doing such foolish things.

After that, he deleted those pictures immediately, since Song Minwoo and his accomplices might take his phone away again and see them.

Right now, Kim Dokja groaned. The reason why, is because; all of a sudden, new transfer students arrived.

©