1

3rd POV

"Y/n! Where are you?! Come out!"

5 years old y/n was in her room looking at the window admiring the snow, the christmas lights and spirits of people who was celebrating.

"Mom?" She walked outside of her room tending to her calling mother. When her mother spotted her, she marched down angrily. Y/n was used to her mom having this expression, as a child, she thought it was completely normal, afterall it was her fault.

The mother didn't speak but instead slapped the child so hard that her face fell first on the floor. The little girl looked up to her mother with tears in her eyes.

"M-mo—"

"Don't you dare talk back to me you disgusting child!" She gripped y/n by the hair, forcing her to stand up and slightly levitate. "Just looking at your face reminds me of him so much! I hate it!" She grabbed y/n's cheeks, digging her nails making it bleed. Y/n was crying from the pain but even so, she thought it was normal.

"This is all your fault—because of you I had to suffer, why! They should be the one suffering, not me! " The mother looked at y/n so much hatred in her eyes, speaking as if her good for nothing husband was in front of her.

"If only I didn't married F/N and had you, I would have ran away long time ago!" Her mother yelled. She would constantly repeat those words like it was her only memory.

It's ironic really—having a child to be blamed for the things she can't control and the child looking like her father was a bad omen that follows her around. She wanted to change her face so much that she's unrecognizable, she would sometimes wish to the stars at night—wishing that she was different and normal, she wished that she looked nothing like her father so that her mother could love her, but the stars at night only shined at her like it was dead but bright.

Even so, her mother didn't want her anyways, wishing on stars was nothing more but a lie.

Y/n

"Hey grandpa.." I spoke trying to catch the attention of the Vice-admiral who was munching on rice crackers. We were in his office chilling just eating on some snacks the chef made for us. It had been two days that gone by while sailing towards Grandpa requested.

"What is it lass?" He asked while his mouth was half full.

"Why are you so kind to me? Not that I'm ungrateful, it's just.." I looked down playing with my fingers nervously. "I'm vile and dirty, I don't think it is worth keeping me" I rattled while Garp listened though still munching on that rice crackers.

This two days has been weird for me. I was treated with clothes and food, an experience I didn't get back at home. It made me feel out of place, it made me question everything if I deserved the good things I have received from this kind old man.

"What are you talking about lass?" I looked up as he looked at me with an expression with a furrowed brows while still munching non stop on his rice crackers. "That's for me to decide"

"But my mother says I was born out of misfortune, I think you will regret it grandpa" I said, repeating those branded words that came from my mother's mouth many times.

"Guess we will just have to found out" He laughed.

This left me in confusion. How can he just laughed at something that could bring him bad luck. He's weird.

"I am assured though you and ace will get along just fine!" Garp laughed.

Ace?

"Who's ace grandpa?" I asked.