42 • A NIGHT WITH THE KING

"I want revenge!" Charlotte exclaims.

"Enough! Charlotte. Drop that knife at once" Otto snapped as his daughter took a knife.

"I'll kill her!" She yells crying. "I'll kill her for ruining my life!"

"Stop it, the King chose her already, it is done." Otto tries to compromise.

Charlotte muffled in tears. "He should've chosen me, I offered him comfort, fell in love in him. How could he do this to me." She wails, holding the knife.

Otto felt pity for her. "Daughter, please calm down."

"Alicent stole him. Shes always stolen everything from me! envied my life! I will kill her!" Charlotte was persisting about ending the union.

"You will not commit murder." Otto hissed.

"I will! For the sake of my future happiness, I will risk it to have King Maegor and my blood on the iron throne!" Charlotte whimpers.

"Let it go Charlotte. Alicent will put our blood on the iron throne." Otto corrects.

Charlotte is taken aback by his words. "Are you suddenly supporting her?"

Otto kept quiet.

"Do you love her?"

Otto hissed. "Are you alright? She's my daughter and you're my daughter as well. I love you both. Should I hate her like you do?" he questioned.

"I thought our hearts were one father."

"Our hearts remain as one Charlotte!"

"I don't believe you. Alicent was right, I see that now, rather I've been a piece you move about the board.' Charlotte spat viciously.

"If that is true I raised you to be perfect for society. Would you have wanted me to leave you at Old Town? I loved your mother, set you before your younger sister, because I saw you in greater potential and....." Otto held his tongue.

Charlotte scoffs. "Now I'm no use to you. I'm a failure."

"Enough! You are my daughter and I love you, however the deed has been done. We must play the board before us. Maegor will marry Alicent, it won't stop our plans." He deadpans.

Otto goes to his study table to arrange his books. "Now I must start grooming your sister about the politics at court, to hold the crown, once she bears the King a son, our plans will prevail."

Charlotte eyes his back, disheveled and broken, she cleans her face muttering to herself. "I shouldn't have sucked his cock."

Otto's ears quipped, he paused at turns to face his daughter. "What did you say?"

Charlotte swallowed hard. "I had oral sex with King last night." she confessed.

"What?" The Hand moved closer to his daughter. "You had oral sex with the King?"

"I did it to seduce him." Charlotte confessed.

Suddenly her cheek want left in a hot crack whip. Her father slapped her so hard. For the first time he raised his hands on her.

"Foolish girl ! How could you do such dis-speakable thing and commit an unholy sin!" Otto yells as the knife fell to the ground off her hand.

"It happened just last night father. I did it thinking he'll fall for me." Charlotte argued in defence.

"Fool! I asked you offer the King comfort, not expose yourself like a common whore!" Otto spat bitterly.

He began to pace back and forth. "You have embarrassed yourself, embarrassed me! you went and pleasured a widower and you except him to marry you?!" Otto quipped. "Are you mad Charlotte! How can soil yourself rotten before the King!"