Chapter +1.5. Pucks and pills

The match was an unforgettable festival of dynamics and acoustic variety for Lada! A combination of sound flashes struck her. Adrenaline splashed left and right. Emotions ran high. At first, the players' super-fast movements made it impossible to see the puck, let alone catch it. Gradually, she got better at following the action. She even managed to reach for the nimble black disk once. Unfortunately, a poorly timed touch altered a perfect pass. The opposing team intercepted the puck. But at least she tried! She saw P.J. giving her approving gestures.

For a moment, Lada felt she was helping the team

For a moment, Lada felt she was helping the team. She guided the stick with exactness, the puck obeyed, and her strides stabilized. But then she realized that Puppy was slowing his passes to her to the lowest speed possible. He was also coordinating the game with the experienced players to protect her. And he never took his eyes off her. The guys seemed to form an impenetrable dome around Lada, letting the girl play to her heart's content. Only the small, agile attacker Kitty could break through the defense. A puma's speed matched hers. She would steal the puck from Lada and, in a blink, score on Tory, the inexperienced goalie.

Rocky and Max emerged as masterful athletes, unleashing a barrage of goals. Whenever Lada wasn't handling the puck, she kept her eyes on P.J. Watching him play was as thrilling as watching a car race. Every maneuver combined elegance and strength. It had smooth turns, masterful strikes, and, of course, genuine emotions. His skating not only displayed athletic skills, it was an art that mesmerized and inspired.

At first, the two teams were tied in points. The tension in the stands grew with each passing second. Then Leo made a series of substitutions on his team to attack his brother's players with fresh energy. In the first half, Tory and Lada had a blast under Puppy's watchful eye! Tory was letting fewer pucks through. Lada, under P.J.'s close guidance, was getting better at preventing the team from scoring.

"How are you girls doing?" Puppy sprayed Lada and Tory with a wave of tiny snowflakes that formed from his sudden stop. "Want to take a break during the second half?"

"Yes!" Girls emitted a simultaneous, high-pitched scream, gasping for air.

***

Leo's team won the first half. Tension mounted for the next round as elite players and Tomas took the ice. Some moments on the field seemed deadly to Lada. She shut her eyes, waiting for Tory's assurance before opening them. The worst moments were when P.J. was in the center of the action. Lada's heart would freeze, then pound, as he skillfully emerged with the puck from a chaotic snow cloud. Both girls couldn't believe that a few minutes ago, they had been part of such a dangerous event!

Kitty, who had joined them on the bleachers, kept complaining: "The first half was child's play! Now, during the real game, I'm benched! That the f*ck?".

P.J.'s team was leading when a painful roar echoed through the stadium. The girls turned their eyes back to the rink, forgetting their conversation. A long, sharp whistle from the referee signaled that something bad had happened on the ice. Hearts pounding, the girls leaned against the railing, trying to see what was going on. Teammates helped someone off the ice and to the stands. Large drops of blood formed a trail to the tribune.