Vol. 1

feel free to listen to this while you binge read (Make sure it's opened on a new tab)

☾☽Narrators Log☾☽

He was five... In hybrid years.

Born from a Ghast and Enderman, Ashton Greenwood Roamed the nether. His father left when he was a baby, leaving him to mischief, getting him in trouble often. His birthday varied, landing on February 25, every two years it would change to October 2nd.

His mother was scolding him yet again and told him to get out of her sight, so he did. He found a shivering strider, and carefully put him back in the lava, gently petting them.

"Shh, you're okay now." He comforts and a baby piglin approaches him.

Ashton hugs them, smiling softly.

"Hi, baby." He chuckles.

He's become familiar with the mobs, so most where nice to him, some only when they had to be. Sometimes, intruders would invade and he'd do his best to help defend, but he could only do so much before he'd have no choice to rely on the mobs.

He went to go build a tavern in some flat place. With some random blocks he found, he made a tavern, if only someone where dumb enough to sleep in it.

"Hi!" A voice booms, almost too exited.

Ashton jumps, and squeaks, slowly turning around. "H-hi."

The girl reaches her hand out. "I'm Princess Scaphia, but you can just call me Scaphia."

He shakes her hand, standing up.

"You're human. You're not supposed to be here." He states.

"But I am." She shrugs, giggling.

He dusts off his clothes, walking past her.

"Go back to which you've come. My mother will find you."

"Who's your mother? Is she pretty?" She follows him, tilting her head slightly.

"She's a Ghast, you tell me."

She stops in her tracks.

"A... Ghast?"

"Yes, which is why you should leave. She's already agitated from me..."

Scaphia sighs. "Will... Will you follow me to protect me?"

Ashton shakes his head.

"No. if I do, most the mobs that respect me now will forever haunt me. Including my mothers kind. it happened with my father, I'm not loosing the nether, too."

"But-"

"I said no! Get out of here!" He snarls. Why was he acting like this? He usually was only angry if someone did something unforgivable.

The princess bites her lip.

"I- I'm sorry for trying then. I'll go now." She walks away with sorrow.

Ashton just sits there, on the verge of tears. Why had he hollered? She seemed nice.

"Wait!" He turns around, hoping to stop her, but she was no where in sight.

He mentally curses himself. If he hadn't been so rude, would she have stayed? Or maybe he should've followed her, he would've probably lived a better life.

So that's what he did.

He's always had an acute sense of smell, in fact, all his senses where great, so, he followed her scent down to a purple structure surrounded by obsidian. That's when she turns around. Ashton tried to hide, but failed.

"I know you're there. What's your name?"

He pauses. "Ashton..."

She smiles, going up to him and grabbing his arm, leading him to the portal and jumping through with him.

(482)