Entre las nubes (Between the Clouds)

What happened? Something happened, and there was nothing she could do to stop it. Years of intrigue, curiosity, and the belief that such things didn't really happen. She felt like a puppet, strings pulled by every flirt, every passionate word, every caress on the knee. Vulnerable, she surrendered to this uncontrollable force, never once attempting to reign it in.

As she passed the airport security checkpoint, her knees trembled, her skin glistened with sweat, and more than once, she thought she might faint. Why? What made her so nervous? She was only going to meet a friend. If anything, it was going to be more comfortable not traveling alone. She could concoct a million excuses, but deep down, she knew: resistance was futile.

Summoning every ounce of courage, she finally reached her gate, and there he was, as striking and beautiful as she remembered. Dark skin, a sculpted body, a mysterious aura... as intriguing as ever. He approached with arms wide open, enveloping her in an embrace so tight, she forgot to breathe. The embrace felt endless, each touch sending electric shivers through her skin, a momentary death and rebirth.

Minutes later, they boarded, and he asked if she wanted to sit with him. She agreed without hesitation. She sensed this flight would be different, and so far, she had been right. As they crossed the threshold into the aircraft, he whispered, "Eres mía por las próximas horas."

How could she respond to that? A smile crept beneath her mask, hiding the whirlwind of emotions-excitement, guilt. Was she doing anything wrong? Only when they reached their seats did she realize the depth of her predicament. He declared her his for the next few hours, and he meant it.

His arm draped around her, fingers tangling in her hair. Her head rested against his chest while she traced the lines of his arm. His hand gently caressed her thigh as her hand explored his chest. She bit her lip, fighting to suppress a tremor, their hands meeting in a silent pact. He kissed her hand, their eyes locking as he asked, "¿Puedo darte un beso con máscara?" She kissed him. Every fiber of her being quivered, a rush racing down her spine. He held her close, whispering, "tú me encantas." She couldn't stop imagining the feel of his lips. But she wasn't ready for what came next.

"Yo quiero un amor como tú," he confessed, shattering her remaining inhibitions. She met his gaze, asking, "¿Quieres un beso sin máscara?" Masks discarded, they stared into each other's souls, an eternity in a heartbeat, then they kissed. Each touch of their lips deepened their hunger, a dangerous yet intoxicating dance. Why did this feel so good, so perilous? The answer lingered just beyond reach, floating among the clouds.

As the flight continued, they spoke of dreams and memories, weaving their past with the threads of the present. Laughter filled the spaces between words, and every shared glance spoke volumes. The world outside the plane's windows disappeared, leaving only the intimacy of their connection.

Hours passed like minutes, and as the plane began its descent, reality crept back in. Yet, instead of dread, there was a sense of fulfillment. They had shared a moment, a perfect encapsulation of passion and connection. As they prepared to disembark, he took her hand one last time, whispering, "Gracias por este momento." She smiled, a serene peace washing over her. "Gracias a ti," she replied, knowing this encounter would forever be etched in her heart.

They parted ways at the terminal, no promises made, no future plans. Just a lingering touch, a final kiss, and a shared understanding that some moments are meant to exist only in the clouds. And as she walked away, she felt lighter, knowing that for a few hours, she had lived a dream.