29. Truth and Scared

I wrote and published this chapter because of the people who commented 'UPDATE PLEASE'

NOW I DID WHAT YOU ALL WANTED , SO YOUR JOB IS TO COMMENT AND VOTE

HAPPY READS AHEAD!!!!

This doctor is taking too long to arrive, and frustration builds inside me

This doctor is taking too long to arrive, and frustration builds inside me. "It's not a big deal," he says, trying to tug his hand free.

I tighten my grip, feeling a surge of annoyance. "Stop moving."

"I'm fine,"

he insists, but the way he hisses when I brush my hand over his burn tells me the opposite.

"I have some burn cream," I tell him, my voice softening as I retrieve it from my bag. It's the same cream I used to apply to my mom’s burns, and a pang of sadness hits me.

"This might sting a little," I warn, starting to apply the cream. I blow softly on his hand, trying to ease the sting

my mind racing with a mix of emotions—fear, concern, and something else I can’t quite name. I'm afraid this might leave a scar.

This cream is just for small burns, which is why I called the doctor. Why is he so reckless?

"Why can't you be more careful?" I ask, my voice tinged with exasperation, looking up to find him already gazing at me with an intensity that makes my heart skip a beat.

"Dhyaan kaha rahta h tumhara?"

"Tum par!"

he replies effortlessly, his words sending a jolt of warmth through me. How does he say that so easily? My cheeks burn with embarrassment as he leans forward, and I close my eyes, anticipation and confusion swirling inside me.

Then the door creaks open. My eyes snap open in horror as the doctor hurries in. "Sorry for the delay," he says, setting his bag down.

Shit, shit, shit. Why did I close my eyes? This is a mess now. I literally run out of the room, my heart pounding, unable to believe I was expecting to kiss him.

This is going in a very wrong direction. What must he be thinking? Shit, shit, shit.

Suddenly, I feel a strong hand on my shoulder and I jump, startled. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

Phew, it’s Advik. Relief floods through me. "You scared me!" I say, my voice trembling slightly.

"You like him," Advik states, his tone firm but gentle. Is it really written on my face?

"No," I try to deny it, but let's see how long that works.

"First of all, learn how to lie," he says, not buying my denial.