Dorm & Friends | Chapter 1

Y/n finally arrived at the front of the school, which led to the courtyard, which branched off to separate buildings. He stood at the front of the gate with his suitcase and Riolu beside him.

"Huh, so this is where we will be staying for a while, won't we, Riolu?" Y/n said she turned to his partner, who had his fist pumped up.

"Rio!" Riolu said as Y/n smiled at his partner's enthusiasm.

'I wonder who we will have as a roommate,' Y/n thought as he opened his Rotom phone to find out where his dorm was.

"Room 259, well, let's get going, Riolu!" Y/n said as Riolu and him began walking over to the dorm.

At Room 259...

Y/n and Riolu were walking through the corridors of the dormitory when they then came across the door with the number 259 on the right of it and stared at it for a few seconds. "259..." Y/n muttered to himself as he double-checked. Y/n smiled as he went to grab the handle of the door.

"Are you my new roomie?!" A girl said as she popped up in Y/n's face as he opened the door.

"Wah!" Y/n cried out in surprise as he fell back onto the corridor floor. He stared up at the girl, who had a big toothy grin plastered on her face, as she stared down at Y/n.

"I'm Ren! Nice to meet ya!" The girl said as she offered Y/n a hand, who smiled as he took the offer and dusted himself off. Ren then looked to Y/n's side and had stars in her eyes as she picked Riolu and began to dance in circles with Riolu in her hands. "Look at this little guy! He's such a cutie!"

"Rio! Riolu!" Riolu cried out as the girl spun him around, and Y/n chuckled.

"You have a lot of energy," Y/n stated as he stared at Ren, who stopped spinning Riolu and placed him on the floor. He began to walk around, all dizzy.

"You bet!" Ren said as she walked into the room. "It's the main reason my parents sent me here!"

Y/n sweatdropped at that but smiled.

"So what's your name, then, roomie?" she said as she turned to Y/n, who placed his suitcase on his side of the small room.

"My name is Y/n. I guess we're going to be roommates then," Y/n said as Riolu began jumping up Y/n's bed.

"Guess we will, huh, roomie?" The girl said as she extended a fist out to Y/n, who smiled and accepted the fist bump.

...

"So, what is it like in Unova?" Ren asked as she lied down on her bed and watched Y/n put stuff away in the drawers and desk beside his bed.

Y/n placed a finger on his chin as he thought about it momentarily. "It's fun. We have a bunch of cities and sites you can see, like Nimbasa city. The weather is not so good, but it's pretty good," Y/n said as he put a few potions on his desk and looked back to Ren. "What about you? Where are you from?"

"Me? I'm from Johto, but I live with family in Vermillion City. I like it here. I can show you around if you have time," Ren said as Y/n finally finished putting everything away.

"Sure, that sounds kinda fun," Y/n said with a smile as he sat on his bed as the room went silent.

"So... You into Pokemon battles?" Ren said, trying to keep the conversation going as Y/n got up. He stood up and stared at her with stars in his eyes.

"Into them? I love them! The thrill of a Pokemon battle is just awesome, you know!" Y/n said as Ren smiled.

"Wanna go check out some battles?" Ren asked as she got up from her bed.