༻✧ Separation ✧༺

[ Author's POV ]

"This is all your fault, Lan Zhan!" he slapped his husband's arm who just took out the pouch with the sack of potatoes.

"Where do I put this?" he asked, not minding his husband's theatrics.

"Hey! I am not that shameless you know!"

"Mn." Wangji then turned to Wen Popo.

"Wen-furen, where do I put this?" He took out the sack from the bag.

"Ah Hanguangjun, no need to call me that. I am just Wen Popo. What are those?" Wen Popo inspected the sack.

"Potatoes," he replied.

"Oh, so it seems like Wei-gongzi succeeded in getting his potatoes," Wen Popo laughed as she fondly looked at the still red Wei Wuxian.

"I can have A-Ning bring it to the kitchen, you can just leave it there first," Wen Popo said, and then she excused herself to look for Wen Ning.

Wangji then turned to look at his husband who was still pouting with his arms crossed.

"Wei Ying promised me a tour," Wangji said, trying to change the subject.

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian spluttered when his husband moved the hair away from his neck once more, his thumb lingering on the still fresh-looking 'wound

"Lan Zhan!" Wei Wuxian spluttered when his husband moved the hair away from his neck once more, his thumb lingering on the still fresh-looking 'wound.'

"Mn, beautiful," if humans could melt, Wei Wuxian is sure that he'll be muddle on the ground already.

Still, he headed straight to the tour, showing Wangji the settlement that they have built. The small houses are safe enough for the Wens to live at. He has already invented a talisman to help them survive the winter, if it is not enough, they can all stay in the cave.

"This is the land where we plant. I only use demonic cultivation to purify them now. Aside from that, I do not use it anymore. Wen Qing warned me of what happened to Wen Rouhan before," Wuxian explained.

"I need to make sure that the land is at least, clean enough for our main source of living to grow," he added. Some of the Wens who are attending the crops greeted them again, obviously giving them knowing smiles. All of them have seen them in Qiongqi Path and A-Jiao has all but announced the 'wound' on Xian-gege's neck with A-Mei adding that Qing-jiejie has a salve to cure it. "Qing-jiejie said it is not life-threatening!"

"Then this is the training field. I am trying to expand it. Wen Ning is good with archery, we have started making bows and arrows for the others and a sturdier one for him since his strength is a bit... overboard," he said as he pointed at the unfinished bows at the side.

"We use kites as targets in Yunmeng-Jiang but I cannot use it here, it is one of our exclusive training so I am trying to come up with a different target for long-distance and moving range aside from steady targets," he continued talking as they walked around.