Chapter 1

Maritza's pov

"Juliana!" I yell out. "You need to wake up now, or you're going to be late for the first day of school!"

"But mommy, I don't want to go to school!" Said Juliana.

"You have to baby, it'll be fun!" I say as I kneel down in front of my beautiful five year old. "You'll meet lots of new friends and learn a bunch of new things."

"But what if no one likes me?" She says in a unsure voice. "And what if the teacher is mean?"

"They'll love you!" I reassure her. "And I heard that your teacher is really nice!"

"She is?!"

"Yep." I said. "Do you think you could do mommy a favor and go get ready for school, while I finish getting ready for work."

"Yeah, okay!"

As I watched my daughter take off in the direction of her room, I felt my heart swell up. How can she be mine? She's too prefect. I love her with all my heart. I always try to give her the best things possible, but it's kind of hard when you're a single parent that's struggling. After her low life dad walked out on us when she was two, I took on two jobs just so I could pay the bills. It breaks my heart when I'm not able to afford the things she wants.

"Mommy!"

"Yeah sweetie, what's wrong?" I call out.

"I'm ready!"

"Well, come out here, I want to see you."

I hear little footsteps coming my way, as I finish up putting on my makeup.

"Look momma!"

"Wow, my baby looks so beautiful!" I cooed out while pinching both of her little cheeks.

"Stop it!" She whines out.

"Ok, okay." I say. "Let me just do your hair for you then we'll get going or else we will be late."

As I finished up putting my daughter's hair into a bun, we quickly grabbed our things and headed towards our car.

___________________________
Here's the first chapter of my new story, I know it's short but if I decide to continue this story, they'll be longer. So, let me know if I should continue or not!