11. 𝙣𝙞𝙘𝙚 𝙖𝙨𝙨, 𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙮

11. nice ass, ty ty

season one, episode five: tape 2, side b

▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █ █ ▇ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂

"Boys are assholes. Some are assholes all of the time. All are assholes some of the time. It's just how boys are. Well, maybe not all boys.

Courtney Crimsen. What a pretty name, and what a pretty girl. With her perfect family. Coffee together, every morning. And you're also very nice, Courtney. Everyone says so. You're nice to everyone, all the time.

You're one of the most popular girls in school. And you are just so nice. Right? Wrong."

"Tyler!" Montgomery yelled as Tyler Down walked across the courtyard.

"Hey Ty Ty, nice ass, buddy!" Bryce antagonized him as both him and Monty pulled their pants down, mooning passerby as Tyler glanced at them, his face red.

"Oh, my God." Nessa yelled. "Put those away."

The boys continued cheering as Alex looked around, visibly uncomfortable. This is why he stuck around them. He couldn't imagine letting Nessa deal with them alone. He didn't want that.

▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰▰

Winter Formal season was everyone's favorite. Everybody ran around, desperate to find a date, a group, and a place to party afterwards. This was Nessa's second winter formal, and she was just about out of options for dates. She didn't have one last year either, so she just went with Justin. This year, Justin had secured his date quite quickly, so she was stuck.

The table to purchase tickets mocked her in the hallway each passing period as Courtney would encourage her to come get her ticket sooner rather than later.

"When I have a date, I'll come find you, Court." Nessa said as she passed the table for the third time that day.

"Nessa, you could snap your fingers and secure a date." Courtney replied. "Boys love you."

Nessa chuckled as she walked away, trudging through the halls. She had one option left, and she was pretty sure that she would end up with him. As if he knew that she was thinking about him, a figure appeared beside her.

"Nessa!" Montgomery called out as he got into step next to her, wrapping his arms around her and shaking her around.

"What's up, Mont?" Nessa asked as she continued her walk to class.

"Bryce and Zach got the last two good girls, so." Monty began, and Nessa knew exactly where this conversation was heading. "Winter formal?"

"That was so flattering, Monty." Nessa said sarcastically. "I'm touched. You are just the sweetest."

"Oh, hush, Ness." Monty said. "You know I think you're a catch."

Nessa pretended to think on the invite for a moment, ponder it, even though she knew exactly what her answer was going to be.

"Fine." Nessa agreed, and Monty gave her an aggressive hug. "Only because Scott Reed already has a date."

"Ouch." Monty pretended to be offended. "Reed over me?"

"Reed over you, always." Nessa declared as she walked away from the boy, who was now her Winter Formal date.

"I hoped we could be friends, Courtney. I needed a friend. I think you did, too."

"Who do you think it is?" girls asked as they passed their phones around, everyone looking at the latest picture that had been sent around the school. Two girls kissing.

Nessa knew who it was, Hannah had told her. But, she had way too much respect for both Hannah and Courtney Crimsen to say a single word. So, she kept quiet, and tried to defend her friend as best as possible, without revealing too much.

People had their suspicions, and it was a general consensus that everyone thought at least one of the girls was Laura, the resident lesbian at Liberty High.

"No, I have gym with her, and she only wears sports bras." one girl said as they were trying to figure out the identity of the two girls.

"Maybe I save my nice shit for after hours." Laura interjected herself into the conversation. The class started laughing at her remark.

"Damn, girl, you are slick!" Bryce told her as Montgomery and Marcus laughed next to him. Nessa sat in front of Monty, stifling a chuckle herself.

"Listen, Laura." Bryce said to the girl as he leaned over. "You ever wanna swing the other way..."

"You are the last person she'd call, Bryce." Nessa told him as he shot her a playful glare.

"Right before the police." Laura added, and the boys erupted into laughter. Nessa too.

"But you had some secrets that you wanted to keep, even from yourself."

𝐚𝐮𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐫 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐚𝐤𝐬!

i hate that this chapter is so short but there wasn't a good stopping point in this yikes