Part 18

"Fine, we'll back off for now, but the council wishes to meet with you and your entire family today," the man in the center said, knowing full well what would happen if they came to blows against Aurora.

"I'm glad you could see things my way for once," Aurora told them. They were glad to see that they were finally able to see reason. "I will be sure to be there with my daughter, but if anyone tries to do anything funny, remember you will be to blame, not me."

"If something dares try to threaten the council, we will be sure to take care of it. Any hidden threats will be dealt with, and we can assure you that the use of magic of any kind is prohibited here."

"You act as if I've never dealt with this before. We all know those old geezers only care about one thing: their safety above all else. They must learn to step down, allowing new generations to take control. One is not filled with mice and pain. Though you're just a simple soldier, my words won't even reach your dense skull, but perhaps my heel will. So if you are done here, leave now or face the consequences."

"We expect to see you at 3:00 PM today. Do not be late, or you shall face the council's will."

"Of course, of course," Aurora said, not paying any mind to them as she shut the door on their faces.

"Well, it would seem that we have no choice but to go meet those old crones," Aurora said, turning back to face Faye and Snow.

"What do they want?" Snow asked, curious about why a whole council wanted to take her in for something she had not done yet.

"It's a matter of power. All society is like that, desiring more and more to oppress someone who should be on equal footing with yourself. Call it the will of humans that infected us with this thought process. The process will continue even after we are long gone. The strong will always dominate the weak."

"We must get ready. We had to do a lot of work before meeting them, and there was not enough time. "That, we'll have to wait until next time. Faye prepares the ingredients. I shall take snow down to the town to get what we need. As for you, Misty, stay here and out of sight until the time comes. Those elders like playing games, so maybe we should give them one.

"Come along, snow. We must head to the town and get what we require."

Snow rose to her feet, curious to know what her mother was planning without telling her. Were the members of this council so dangerous that they needed to devise a plan beforehand?

"Is everything going to be okay?" She asked, curious to know what was happening.

"Everything shall be fine. We just need a way to block your magic from them. A simple potion will do, but most ingredients can only be found in the town and sold by a certain vendor. Come get dressed. This will be a valuable learning experience that will show you who and who not to trust in this town."

Unable to find a reason not to believe her mother and refute her request, snow returned to her room and dressed. She wore a beautiful pair of blue denim jeans and a blue and white thrilled Cammi.

Once down, she was eagerly rushed outside by Aurora, who squinted upon seeing the bright sun. It was as if she had not gone outside for many days.

It didn't take them long to reach the town, yet snow soon found herself in a dark, dreary alley instead of going to the bright atmosphere they went to yesterday. She could feel goosebumps start to rise on her arms as if someone were watching her or something.

Strange noises filled the air, and she tried to ignore them while holding Aurora's hand. The people in this area looked much less friendly than the ones she had met the day before.

"Stay close. We are going to see an old friend, but the company she keeps is less than friendly," Aurora said just now, holding her hand tightly.

"Are you sure this area is safe?'

"Safe? Any place that I have to go is not safe. Eventually, they blur together, and all I can see is a singular place, whether it's back here or over there. One day, you will learn the same, my dear daughter. For now, it's best to continue moving."

"We are being followed, after all."

Snow tried to look back, but Aurora stopped her.

"Don't look; just keep walking. Those men following us are from the council. They were sent to make sure we didn't run. For now, act normally, and everything will turn out OK.

We're coming at a confrontation very soon. Bit by bit, snow is being brought into conflict once more, though, as always, the story is chosen by you. Continue on the path you have chosen for her and allow her to achieve the most happy ending possible. No, go ahead and determine what happens next.

1. Snow and Aurora enter a shop

2. the men grabbed Snow and forcefully took her away

3. snow gets distracted and separated from Aurora.

4. Aurora uses her magic to incite a conflict

5. snow is fed up with the secrets and yells at Aurora, causing the scene

6. the PC bro show up

7. they enter a store only to find the last person they thought they would find