A man from the past

A sigh left my lips as I sat at my computer, having applied to countless part time jobs to hopefully be able to get enough money to move out, Denki had now long left the house to rejoin with his family.

I leaned into my hand, elbow resting up the desk, what was it that really linked my dad and Kirishima, if he already had a fated mate, and claimed an omega, how was he so entranced with my dad?

I leaned back in my chair, looking at the screen before a soft knock on my door broke me out of the silence, I slowly stood up and opened the door to my embarrassed dad, he seemed somewhat guilty too.

"I am sorry for hitting you, Izuku. It wasn't my intention, I was just angry and my emotions... I let them get the best of me." He said as I sighed and pulled him into a hug, I loved my dad dearly and did not hold it against him.

"I was reckless, you were only disciplining me, dad." I said as he sniffled into my chest, backing up quick as my ears fell back.

"Your rut has arrived..." He said softly as I chuckled, I was already painfully aware of it, but the way he pulled back respectfully was kind of cute.

"Yeah, I am a grown man now." I said pridefully as he scoffed, flicking his finger at my forehead and causing me to groan, why did he have to do that?

"You are far from being a grown man." He said as I rubbed my forehead, making my way to my bed and sitting down, my tail tapping the bed in annoyance.

I wanted to be an adult, I wanted to be acknowledged as a fully grown man that understands the painful things in life, that understand everything.

Although, I didn't quite do.

"Dad." I said softly, stopping him as he had begun to make his way out of my room, he turned around and looked at me softly, a cross of his brows showed he was confused.

"What is it?" He asked as I bit my lip, still pondering about asking the question, I looked away before being able to face him again, my ears perked up for his answer.

"Why is Kiri- I mean Ejirou, is so obsessed with you?" I asked as his body tensed, looking away in embarrassment, I could tell he did not want to speak about it, I already was feeling guilty for even asking.

"I did some... foolish things, in my younger days." He said as I tilted my head, wondering what he meant by that.

"Did you two bond?" I asked as his eyes widened, shaking his head rapidly, if they hadn't bonded, then why was this alpha so damn focused on my dad?

"God no! No... its nothing like that, he isn't the one I bonded with." He said as I nodded, he most likely had bonded with my father, who else would he had done it with?

"Then why-"

"When I got my first heat, Ejirou was around. We mated, and I..." He began before frowning, looking like he was dealing with a lot of guilt.

I was a bit taken aback by the revelation he had just given me, I knew that obviously they hadn't been innocent during their younger years, but I didn't know Denma's father was my dad's first.

It made me realize that I didn't really know my dad, I never had sat down to try and learn of his past, to understand him better, I had always kept a distance because he was sensitive and an omega, but now that we were talking, it made me feel so far away from him.

My heart now ached to close this gap, to sit and converse, to learn more about him like a son should, clearly I should have tried harder a long time ago, it wasn't hopeless, it always better late than never.

Although, by the way his face is twisting, maybe this shouldn't be the first thing I try to learn about my dad, there would be other days, and plenty of other things I could ask him about besides this.