preamble. the firefly's ascent

hey, hey, firefly.

"And Sebastian Vettel wins the world for the first time! Unbelievable! Truly magnificent!"

come, there's some water that's bitter to taste.

That rainy day in 2011 was truly a sight to behold.

hey, hey, firefly.

The grandstands erupt into cheers, marshalls cheering on the new winner, and even mechanics in the rivalling garages applauding.

come, here's some water that's sweet to your taste.

Tears spill from the eyes of her parents. Yet the little girl standing in front of them stands proud and tall, one could seemingly mistake her as the winner.

hey, hey, firefly.

She watches her brother take his place on the highest place on the podium. I want it.

hey, hey, firefly.

She puts her hand on her chest, singing her country's pride.

come, there's some water that's bitter to taste.

"Hey, little girl. Had fun watching the race?" Her brother asks. A teasing lilt to his voice as he ruffles her hair.

hey, hey, firefly.

"Yeah it was fun. But be prepared. I'll be the one to take your place on the podium soon." The siblings make eye contact with each other, sparks forming around them as they have a stare-off. "Yeah? Well then, kleines mädchen." He bends down to her height, a stupidly mocking expression planted on his face. "I look forward to that."

hey, hey, firefly.

He places his hat on her head, walking away to celebrate with his fans.

come, here's some water that's sweet to your taste.

She'll make sure of that.

hey, hey, firefly.

Whatever it takes, she'll do it.

come, up this mountain is a pile of gold.

To win the gold she longs for. 

☆ 𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝗀𝖺𝗇𝗀! 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗌 𝖺 𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝖿 '𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇' 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 '𝗁𝖾𝗒, 𝗁𝖾𝗒, 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾𝖿𝗅𝗒!' 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌

☆ 𝗁𝖾𝗒 𝗀𝖺𝗇𝗀! 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝗂𝗌 𝖺 𝗌𝗈𝗋𝗍 𝗈𝖿 '𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗋𝗈𝖽𝗎𝖼𝗍𝗂𝗈𝗇' 𝗍𝗈 𝗍𝗁𝖾 '𝗁𝖾𝗒, 𝗁𝖾𝗒, 𝖿𝗂𝗋𝖾𝖿𝗅𝗒!' 𝗌𝖾𝗋𝗂𝖾𝗌. 𝗐𝗁𝗂𝗅𝖾 𝗒𝗈𝗎 𝖼𝖺𝗇 𝗋𝖾𝖺𝖽 𝖾𝖺𝖼𝗁 𝗉𝗂𝖾𝖼𝖾 𝖺𝗌 𝖺 𝗌𝗍𝖺𝗇𝖽𝖺𝗅𝗈𝗇𝖾 (𝖾𝗑𝖼𝖾𝗉𝗍 𝖿𝗈𝗋 '𝗀𝗂𝗋𝗅 𝖼𝗋𝗎𝗌𝗁' 𝖺𝗇𝖽 'l𝖾𝗍 𝗆𝖾 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 y𝗈𝗎𝗋 w𝗈𝗋𝗅𝖽'), 𝗍𝗁𝗂𝗌 𝖼𝗁𝖺𝗉𝗍𝖾𝗋 𝗄𝗂𝗇𝖽 𝗈𝖿 𝖽𝖾𝗅𝗏𝖾𝗌 𝗂𝗇𝗍𝗈 𝗐𝗁𝗒 𝗒/𝗇 𝗐𝖺𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖽 𝗍𝗈 𝖻𝖾𝖼𝗈𝗆𝖾 𝖺 𝖽𝗋𝗂𝗏𝖾𝗋!

☆ 𝗐𝖼: 278

thanks for reading!