⭑ Communication - Tyler x Logan ⭑

Another shift at the flower shop. Flowers were never a big interest for me, but I'll admit it's calming managing here. Plus, it smells heavenly.
Even if I did have a problem with it, I don't exactly have a choice but to be here. My grandparents took me in after an...issue occurred between me and my parents, so this is the least I could do for them. Right?
But I do wish I didn't have to be here right now. Sleepless nights and never knowing if you're truly going to wake up really does a number on you. It's a weekend, and while the rest of the group is at home resting up (except Aiden of course), I'm watering plants.

"I'm pretty good at this." I smile to myself, and continue watering.

I don't want to drown these flowers, but what else is there to do?
Business is slow here. The only people walking through that door are me and my grandparents.
The bell on our front desk rings. I could've sworn nobody was here, and I didn't hear anybody walk in. But I'm probably too lost in my own thoughts to notice.

"Just a second!" I call out, and rush to turn off the hose and snap back to reality so it wouldn't look like I was slacking off.

"Great customer service. But I get it, you're quite busy today."

I know that voice all too well. It's not easy to forget all the times I've been yelled at for missing a shot or nearly getting killed by phantoms. But I'll admit, he caught me off guard. Tyler.

"Tyler!?" My head snaps around to look at him, quite surprised that he'd want to waste even a second of his time here. It quickly sets in what he said.

"No...No, not really. Nobody's here, I don't get why-"

"I was being sarcastic."

"Oh.
Haha..."

What am I expected to do? Is he here to get flowers? Here for me? Does he have a date?
——
Tyler leans against the counter, tapping his nails on the wooden surface impatiently. Logan was just standing there a few feet in front of him, like a lost puppy. Tyler had no need for flowers, but knowing Logan was working today from a source nobody knows, why not come to keep him company?
——
He's probably just here to tease me, isn't he?

"You shouldn't be working right now. It's early, nobody's coming." Tylers voice shook me out of my thoughts. Why does he care?

I shift uncomfortably in my spot. I haven't moved since Tyler walked in. What do I even say to that? Did I choose to be here? Yes, but still. I slowly walk towards him, hoping we'll start something more than this awkward conversation. Typically, the only reason me and Tyler interact is for me to get harassed about standing up for myself or just for being plain weak. Also, I've never actually been alone with Tyler. Not even in the phantom dimension.
I've got to stop spacing out, because this time Tyler brought me back with his hand over my shoulder. I practically jump at the sudden touch, and my head snaps up.

"I didn't mean to startle you. Did you hear anything I said?"

He said things?

"..."

"...Lovely. You don't always have to look at me like I'm a monster." It sounded like Tyler had to force those words out. It's clear he's holding back from whatever he really wants to say.

"I...I never said that..."

"You didn't have to."

Tyler got even closer to me, his arm reaching around my shoulders. It wasn't often that Tyler showed somebody this side of him, much less me. And I have to admit, it's nice. Almost too nice.
I didn't realize how badly my lack of sleep was hitting me until I felt his arms fully wrap around me. It was warm, comforting, and another emotion sprung that I couldn't place my finger on. I shut my eyes.

——

How long will it take this boy to realize whatever he's got going on isn't healthy? Logan spends day and night studying, finishing homework assignments, and then even more assignments that aren't even his.
I've told Barron to back off more times than I can count, but I'm sure there's more going on when I'm not there.
I don't mean to be cruel to Logan, or give him the illusion that I'm cold and heartless, which it's probably too late to change. But I at least want him to know I care.
Balancing with family, school work, this job, Barron, and the phantom dimension is going to break him. Especially if he doesn't know how to stand up for himself. That's all I'm trying to teach him.
I don't know why I feel an urge to protect him. Something about seeing him helpless and alone just brings something out in me I didn't know was there. I don't mean to label him as weak, like the others do. He's stronger than anybody gives him credit for, I'm only trying to improve that skill in him.

I gently rub his back with one hand, while the free one strokes his hair. I have no idea where I'm going with this. Logan feels so small and warm. Is it normal to think that?

"Shh...it's okay to take breaks, you know?" I try to keep my tone soft and gentle, not wanting him to get the wrong idea or even startle him again.

"There's just...There's just so much work to do." I hated how his voice sounds. Worried, shaky, drained.

——

The hand that was stroking Logan's hair slowly moves up to cup his face. Logan looks like he hasn't felt comfort like this in weeks, and Tyler can't handle that thought. It's completely out of his nature to do something like this, and even more out of his nature to feel weak just at the sight of Logan's eyes.

"Whatever you're doing, it's not okay. I'm not going to tell you what to do, but I'll tell you it shouldn't be this."

Tyler looks directly into Logan's eyes. Gentle, blue, scared, and slightly misty. This whole situation is driving him crazy. He tries his best to stay concentrated

"You haven't had a break in weeks, since Savannah. I'm not sure what part of you is saying that it's not okay, but shut it out."

"Take a walk, a nap, watch a nice movie, anything to keep you from burning out. The whole group, we're right here. I'm right here."

"And if you ever feel alone...

Logans eyes soften a bit, looking deep into Tylers. They're quite the contrast.

If you want someone to talk to, or even just to annoy...

That look is hypnotizing. Logan's hands grip onto Tyler jacket, slowly gripping tighter as he tries to hold back a breakdown.

I'm always...fuck, I can't do this, I'm sorry Logan."

Tyler looks away to the flowers, the counter, anywhere but Logan. Why is it so hard to talk to him?
——
Why won't he look at me? Was it something I did? Am I just being a burden? No, he cares. Or he wouldn't be here today. My grip on him tightens.
Maybe I don't want him looking into my eyes. I'm afraid if he sees everything behind them, he'll realize I'm nothing more than weight on his back.
I put my head back down, resting it against his chest while my eyes close again. I don't feel like speaking. I don't think I need to say a word for him to know how I feel. I just wish I could change the way he sees me. I can be useful.
Please look at me.