Whisper of Anticipation

Part 2

As YN watched Taehyung move through the hall, her eyes followed him with a mixture of admiration and longing. His effortless charm and the way he carried himself left her breathless every time. She tried to focus on the game unfolding before her, but her thoughts kept drifting back to him.

Krissy leaned closer to YN, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "You know, YN, you should talk to him sometime. Maybe today's the day he finally notices you."

YN's cheeks flushed pink at the suggestion. "I don't know, Krissy. What would I even say?"

Jimin, overhearing their conversation, chimed in with a reassuring smile. "Just be yourself, YN. You never know what could happen."

Before YN could respond, Taehyung glanced in their direction, his eyes briefly meeting hers. A rush of nervous excitement surged through her, and she quickly looked away, hoping he hadn't noticed her staring.

Krissy nudged YN playfully. "He looked at you, YN! This might be your chance!"

Jimin grinned, adding, "Yeah, go on. You've got nothing to lose."

With encouragement from her friends, YN took a deep breath
YN: "No, no, Jimin, I can't."

Jimin: "What the hell, YN?"

YN: "Please, Jimin, please understand."

Krissy: "YN, for the past six months, it's been the same story."

YN: "I know... but something's holding me back."
YN hesitated, her heart racing with conflicting emotions. She had been wrestling with her feelings for Taehyung for months now, caught between admiration and a fear of rejection. Jimin's persistence and Krissy's understanding had kept the conversation alive, but deep down, YN couldn't shake the uncertainty that held her back.

Jimin leaned closer, his voice filled with gentle encouragement. "YN, sometimes you have to take a leap of faith. You'll never know what could happen if you don't try."

Krissy placed a reassuring hand on YN's shoulder. "Sweetie, we've all been there. It's okay to be scared. But imagine how freeing it could feel to finally express yourself."

YN nodded slowly, her mind racing with thoughts of what could be. "I want to, I really do. But what if it ruins everything?"

Jimin smiled warmly. "What if it doesn't? Trust me, regretting not saying anything is far worse than the possibility of things changing."

As YN pondered their words, a sense of determination began to settle within her. She took a deep breath, steeling herself for what might come next. "Okay," she said quietly but firmly, "I'll do it. Today."

Krissy squeezed her hand gently, her eyes shining with pride. "That's my girl. We'll be right here cheering you on."

With renewed resolve, YN glanced across the hall where Taehyung was now talking animatedly with his teammates. She could feel her nerves tingling, but this time, they were accompanied by a flicker of hope. Today might just be the day she'd break free from her silence and let Taehyung know how she felt....

YN: "Wait, Jimin, you're his best friend, right?"

Jimin: "Yeah."

YN: "Then why don't you talk to him about me?"

Jimin: "Excuse me, YN. You know how it is with him. He's got so many female fans, especially among the juniors. He's seen as a heartthrob, but at the same time a cold hearted punk. If I mention you to him, he might just see you as another fan."

YN's heart sank at Jimin's words. She had hoped Jimin could help bridge the gap between her and Taehyung, but now she realized it might not be that simple.