5| Not good at goodbyes

A silhouette

A silhouette.

I try to peek outside through the little space between floor and the door. My breathing fastening as I make sure the door was locked.

Black shiny shoes. The size was massive. It must be a man, I presume. Yet, I don't decide.

I pick cookie up, quickly placing her on the bed. I bring out my phone dialing a number.

Tick. The door makes a noise.

Fuck.

Whoever is outside must be trying to open the door. I grab a pair of scissors and a blade in one hand while holding my phone in the other.

"Hello"

His voice was low. Uncle Liam must have been sleeping.

Ofcourse you bitch, it's 12am.

"Uncle...help" I mutter, as low as I could.

"Someone... someone broke into the house" I mutter between my gasps.

A loud thud came from outside the room and I clutch the blade tightly. Shit! I need to call someone, I need to do something.

With all the movements happening outside the room and uncle Liam questioning me , my brain started to feel foggy.

I hold the bedrest, gasping for air. Flashbacks of my parents bodies hanging to the ceiling flash infront of my eyes.

"Open the door lavender" I hear a gruff voice followed by heavy knocking.

My eyes widen and my knees give-in as I land on the floor. Pulling my knees to my chest, I lay cookie on my chest.

Please Lord, just help me. Please.

I rock myself back-and-forth, chanting prayers and mantras. Cookie laid on my chest, her little paws working on my skin trying to calm me down.

I feel a tear falling from my eye. With my ears covered I couldn't hear anything. My gasps fill the room and my head starts pounding.

Another knock.

I freeze when I feel a hand on my shoulder.

X

Fuck.

My head hurts. I squint my eyes as the pounding continues. My hand drawing small circles on my forehead.

"She's awake!" A familiar soft voice reached my ears.

I sigh pulling myself up when a hand wraps around my back, helping me up.

"What the fuck happened Sera? Are you okay?" My eyes land on the figure infront of me.

Her hazel eyes filled with worry and concern. Evangeline, my bestfriend. We went to college together and she along with Adela were basically my survival kits.