𝐜𝐮𝐩𝐢𝐝'𝐬 𝐣𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐥

charisma - cha·ris·ma - noun : a personal attractiveness that enables you to influence others

cupid - or eros, in greek - is a character from roman mythology, the god of love, attraction. everyone knows cupid. he shoots an arrow and a couple is born.

that's my job - i don't have a bow and arrow, of course, but i keep my sights on potential couples. i just find it fun - experimenting with how easily people can fall in love, the circumstances, etc.

i've always had an eye for seeing the 'right' person for another, and for some odd reason, love blooms when i'm around.

similar to cupid.

i don't understand it either, and i probably never will. it's just fun to see how far couples go. 

now then. i bought this journal to keep track of the couples i see around me. or a couple i cause myself (like bumping someone into the other, or making a situation to set them up).

harmless fun.

_________________________________________________

fact about me: my friends call me cupid as well (it's my online username and a nickname, so it stuck)

a bit of context on me: i go to NYU for psychology and i work part-time at a bakery nearby, which, surprise! is very popular for couples (or singles looking to be a couple, haha)

#1

i overheard the girl who works here talking with her friend - she looked to be meeting up with her - that she's participating in an open mic night and she's assigned with a partner.

now, my dear coworker is really one of the sweetest girls i know. (does it seem like i'm a cold person?) i love this person with my whole heart (platonically, of course). i've know her for about five or six years, that's when she started showing up around the place. 

she's been single this whole time (and i know for a fact she's a hopeless romantic). this is the first i've overheard about her whereabouts, so...

it might be worth checking out the open mic night to play cupid and set up my coworker, so i'm planning on going.

signing off,

"cupid"