A joyful reunion

The new school year starts in just six weeks' time , and the Kalinine family have already returned to Moscow after spending half their summer vacations at the family dacha . As soon as she arrives home , the daughter Mikhaila Kalinine has only one thing on her mind : finding her three best friends . She loved spending time with her family at the country house , but she really missed her friends . So Mikhaila took out her cell phone and started texting each of them .

Mikhaila : "Hey , are you in Moscow ? I just got home !''

It didn't even take five minutes for the young Muscovite to receive replies from Natalia , Ivanna and Irina .

Irina : "Still in town".

Ivanna : ''Daaa!!''

Natalia : "Mhm''.

Mikhaila was delighted that her friends were in town . Instead of resting after a long journey , the young teenager still had the strength and energy to go out with friends , and without waiting for tomorrow , she suggested a walk near the Kremlin and an ice cream . They accepted enthusiastically and met up at the Kievskaya metro station . Immediately , Mikhaila got ready by changing clothes and taking only her wallet . Before leaving , she went into the kitchen to give a hug to her mom , who also had enough energy to prepare a meal .

Mikhaila : Mom , I'm going out !

Mikhaila's mother : Mika , don't you want to eat first ?

Mikhaila : I'll eat later . When I get home !

Mikhaila's mother : All right , but don't be late .

Mikhaila : I promise !

Mikhaila went into the living room to give her dad a hug , but she found him dozing on the sofa , exhausted by the journey . She hug him anyway and whispered .

Mikhaila : I'm going out , Dad . I love you .

When his daughter left the living room , the father smiled , his eyes still closed . Mikhaila finally left the apartment building where she lived with her family to join her best friends at the metro station . Arriving at the station , Mikhaila saw Ivanna , Natalia and Irina waiting for her .

Mikhaila : Giiirls !

The three girls saw her coming .

Irina/Ivanna/Natalia : Mika !

''Mika" was the girl's nickname . Mikhaila runs to meet them and throws herself into their arms .

Mikhaila : How happy I am to see you again !

Irina : Same ! How was your vacation ?

Mikhaila : Great ! I had a great time with my parents and grandparents ! And above all , I enjoyed my grandmother's dishes ! How about you all ?

Irina : Oh , I never left Moscow . I had to help my parents run the store .

Ivanna : I haven't left the city either ! I spent my summer training to be better prepared for field hockey tournaments !

Natalia : I was in Paris and came back yesterday...

At these words , Natalia rummaged through her bag , which contained mainly a drawing book , a pencil case...and a small gift for Mikhaila . A keychain in the shape of the famous Eiffel Tower .

Natalia : ...and I haven't forgotten that you collect keychains .

She offers the keychain to her friend .

Mikhaila : Oh , thank you !

Ivanna : So , are we going for a walk , or are we just going to stand here ?

Mikhaila : Let's go !

Meanwhile , in one of the churches in the country's capital , a priest was preparing for mass , as the faithful would soon be arriving . As he consulted the holy book , a man burst in .

Man : Andrei ! Andrei ! It's happening again ! He's back again !

Andrei immediately approached the man in distress .

Andrei : He's come back ?

Man : Yes , he's back ! Please , help me ! Please , I beg you !

The priest was forced to let his apprentice Nikolai lead the worship ceremony , while he looked after the man .