The Meet Up

Chapter 7

Over the weekend, Janet was taken aback by how quickly time seemed to pass. She found herself eagerly looking forward to getting to know Toni on a more profound and personal level. This sense of anticipation consumed her thoughts and emotions throughout the weekend, driving Janet to near obsession. Toni made Janet's head spin with all the possibilities of what a future would look like with the two of them. Janet was absolutely sure that she wanted Toni to be hers more than anything else in the world.

Janet found herself unsure about Toni's interest in women, but then she reminded herself that her sister Tamar had mentioned they were talking about her. However, Tamar's comments didn't necessarily imply an intimate connection. Janet considered that Toni might want to meet to discuss a potential collaboration. Janet felt overwhelmed, so she consciously tried to maintain her composure . She thought it would be a good idea to relax and reach out to Gil for his perspective on the situation.

Janet was itching to catch up with Gil, so she decided to hop on a Facetime call. She told Siri to dial her bestie and eagerly waited for the call to connect.

Gil picked up on the second ring, finally answering my call.

Gil: Hey, Dunky Booty, what's going on with you?

Janet: Nothing much. I can't seem to shake Toni from my thoughts.

Gil: Ooh Bitch you got it bad already for her and haven't even tasted the pussy yet, damn.

Janet laughs at Gil's outrageous statement and rolls her eyes, smacking her lips.

"Janet: Gil, it's not just about physical intimacy. I truly want to understand this woman in every possible way. I want to support her and be a part of her life. Whenever we've crossed paths at social gatherings, she comes across as incredibly kind and genuinely grounded."

Gil: Tamar shared some deep thoughts about Toni's challenging relationship experiences. Everyone Toni becomes involved with seems to have ulterior motives, ultimately leaving Toni heartbroken and devastated.

Janet: You see that shit. She would never have to worry about that with me because I've been in countless relationships where I was used, abused, and made to feel like complete and utter shit. Were I lost my identity trying to please a worthless, good-for-nothing man?

Gil: Dunk, you don't have to tell me I was there when you were with Rene, dumb ass, and not to mention Jermaine Smurf-looking ass. I still owe his midget ass an ass whooping.

Janet laughs at Gil's hysterics.

Gil: Bitch what did you see in him anyway? Because it must have been the dick because honey, let me tell you, the nigga ain't got shit else going for himself. Like, the looks definitely do not give at all. He looks like his breath smells like hot ass, seriously.

Janet: Gil, please shut the hell up. Let's just say in the beginning; he was a really sweet guy who was devoted to making me happy until he started not coming home, claiming all the damn time he was at the studio. Not to mention constantly cheating, but the last straw for me was hearing he was sleeping around with men. I love me some gay men, but you're not about to cheat on me with a man, and I'm just left in the dark, and I heard the nigga got one of his little bitch ass hoes pregnant, so I had to go.

Gil: That's on period Bitch.

Janet: I think I need a damn drink. Preferably Vodak.

Gil: Ooh, me too Bitch. Let's take some shots and shake some ass, ass, ass.

Janet could do nothing but laugh at Gil's dumb ass. He always wanted to shake ass. If only Toni were shaking her big juicy ass on me right now. Janet, enough damn, I got it bad.