. a e s t h e t i c s & d i s c l a i m e r s .

. aesthetics & disclaimers .
book one of the BROKEN CHAINS series

" She who dares win ".

. aesthetics .
" strength, beauty, and grace... ".

Jessie Mei Li,
Makaria Velkyri

. Heir to the Throne of House Velkyri .

"This is not fair! I should be here

"This is not fair! I should be here. Defending my home. My subjects. My family from our enemies!".

"What is the purpose of hiding one's true self?".

"Just because my house does something differently doesn't make it cruel".

Emma D'arcy,
Rhaenyra Targaryen

. The Queen of the Seven Kingdoms .

"How do you know Ser Criston?"

"Are you always this grumpy?".

"Careful uncle, I fear she becomes quite violent when provoked".

Matt Smith,
Daemon Targaryen

. The Rogue Prince .

"Do you trust her?"

"Do you trust her?".

"The Velkyri house is known for their warriors, and their cruelty".

"You impress me Princess".

. { more to be added }.

Matteo Martari,
King Theron

{everyone else is played
by their respective actors
and actresses}

. disclaimers .
. " rather be the hunter
than the pray ".

I do not own House of The Dragon. I do own Makaria, any other OC characters, and their plots.

I will not be precisely following the hotd script or books, there will be some similarities but I want this book to be as original as possible.

Trigger warnings include: child abuse, bullying, war, death, torture, mention of suicidal thoughts, magical rituals, child loss, and sexual scenes.

Makaria is not a soft character, she can be seen as extremely rude, cruel, or perceived as a villain even. She is a traumatized character, who carries a lot of demons. This is all important for her character development, if you do not like this I suggest reading a different story.

Makaria, Rhaenyra, and Daemon aren't instantly going to fall in love and get together. Makaria is quite literally triggered by their existence, and does not like them in the beginning.

Instead of High Valyrian Makaria and her family uses Blood magic/dark magic language. It's Latin, and I would like to say I am currently learning Latin. I am not fluent, and any mistakes in the language I apologize. If you know Latin don't be afraid to correct me! I would really appreciate it.

Do not plagiarize my work, this is illegal and I put a lot of time and effort into creating/writing this book.

No bullying in my comments, if you don't like it keep your opinions to yourself and find a different book to read.

Comments, please I love, love, love! Reading them, and they encourage me to write.

{ . Please enjoy the first book in the
BROKEN CHAIN series . }

" The stars gave her a crown and said
this is your place of belonging ".