𝟎𝟑. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐃𝐫𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐧𝐬 𝐨𝐟 𝐇𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐚 | 𝒊𝒔𝒍𝒂

"Are you serious?" Isla stared at her brothers and sister-in-law in shock as she tried to register the news

"Are you serious?" Isla stared at her brothers and sister-in-law in shock as she tried to register the news. Dragons? Real dragons of their own? Was this real or was it all just a dream created by her deep fascination with the said creature?

It had barely been two days since the five special guests had arrived, but one of them wasn't pulling any punches when it came to increasing the mighty King Arthur and Queen Genuivere. After all, who wouldn't want to get married into one of the oldest and most well-known royal families in Eden?

However, this only served to leave a bad impression of their Haitian candidate on Isla. Camelot had banned the owning and trading of dragons following the war of the Dark Ages. Why had her parents suddenly relaxed the law that had ensured peace in the land for centuries?

Despite her apprehension, Isla couldn't help but wonder what it would be like to have a dragon to call hers. Her love and curiosity for dragons had begun at an early age, inspired by the intricate murals and sculptures of the majestic beast around the castle.

"Izzy? Izzy? Izzy!"

Isla blinked as Jacob snapped his fingers in her face to get her attention. "Y-yeah?"

Jacob rolled his eyes and said, "Are you even listening? Yes, we really did see the group of Haitian dragon handlers bringing some in. Why would we try to fool you?"

"What did they look like?" she breathed.

Henry raised his eyebrows, a cheeky smile gracing his lips. "Who? The Haitians or the dragons?"

Isla smacked him. "The dragons of course!"

"Okay, okay!" Henry cried out, raising his hands in surrender. "I had to be sure we're on the same page."

"Anyways, the dragons were absolutely beautiful," Lucien said. Then he turned to Verity. "Not as beautiful as you, of course. Nothing could be more beautiful than you."

Verity blushed and playfully hit his arm. "Lucien!"

The youngest brother merely grinned and reached out for his wife. Then Isla cleared her throat, bringing their attention away from each other. Even though Isla found them sweet, she wanted to hear about the dragons and not their sappy romantic words only intended for each other's ears.

"You were saying?" she prompted.

Lucien laughed. "Well, Izzy, they were more beautiful than the paintings in the library. Their scales glittered like jewels under the early morning sun...onyx, amethyst, sapphire, you name it. And their wings! They were huge and majestic to watch. Furthermore-"

Sweet Merlin. Isla couldn't believe her ears. Real-life dragons in Camelot for the first time in centuries! And on her birthday, no less! Did her parents finally relent and allow dragons back after years of begging? Or was it one of the few passing circus shows that her parents had approved of?