music hcs - senku, chrome, gen, kohaku, ryusui

Senku

⎻ Senku doesn't listen to music often.

⎻ When he does, however, he prefers to immerse himself in it and enjoy how the song comes together, listening to the message it's trying to convey rather than just mindlessly playing it in the background.

⎻ In the rare instance that he would go out of his way to play music in the background, it's either the type of song to get his blood pumping or to calm himself down. No in between.

⎻ I should mention that I see him as the type to just download music. He would not go out of his way to make a spotify account when he only really listens to a small list of 100 songs..

⎻ He enjoys J-Rock, and has a soft spot for Math Rock. (Haha, rock, Dr. Stone..)

⎻ Doesn't really care for pop music, but it's not like he despises it.

⎻ If you told him you liked odetari he'd look at you weirdly. Just saying.

⎻ He's literally the song Genius Rock.

⎻ Despite not listening to music often, he owns IEMs. Why? Cause he made his own, of course!

─────────

Chrome

⎻ Lillian was his first exposure to music, and ever since then he's made sure to explore everything that music has to offer!

⎻ Comes across RYM and starts expanding his taste there.

⎻ Chrome would definitely loop songs a lot!! He has a playlist of just songs that he wants to listen to over and over again, and changes the tracks there pretty often.

⎻ He'd make lots of playlists, categorizing all the songs into different genres, and a few of them for certain moods.

⎻ Has a Spotify account, but he mainly uses Soundcloud since thats pretty much the only place where some of the songs he likes are available.

⎻ ...Also because he isn't paying a subscription for either of them, and Soundcloud is much more friendly to him.

⎻ Maybe he moves to Tidal in the future when he gets his money up...

⎻ Has no favorite or disliked genre. He's willing to listen to everything!

⎻ His favorite songs are all upbeat happy sounding ones though. Not that he hates slow mellow songs, it's just not what he would usually put on loop.

⎻ A good example of what i mean is Naimononedari!

⎻ Listens to stuff on speaker most of the time cause it's what he's used to, but there are times he'll use headphones.

─────────

Gen

⎻ Obviously likes psychedelic music. Are you kidding me.

⎻ Has one public playlist on Spotify, and its named "songs to hypnotize yourself to"

⎻ It doesn't work, obviously, but he named it jokingly.

⎻ Has a guilty pleasure of enjoying songs that are considered "tiktok" music.

⎻ He finds said "tiktok" music through fan edits that were made of him.

⎻ Probably got edited to Little Dark Age, actually.

⎻ Uses wired earphones like a normal person would. 

─────────

Kohaku

⎻ Mostly listens during workouts.

⎻ Loves Vansire's "That I Miss You", even though she doesn't relate to the lyrics. https://open.spotify.com/track/7szBZqBJuj9eAC8HJ4CyTM?si=205cde4620414c0a

⎻ Honestly, she just loves bedroom pop in general.

⎻ She would NOT like wave to earth though. Sorry. (I'm not sorry)

⎻ Kohaku would use Apple Music. She got an iPhone and didn't even know Spotify existed, so she just used the default music app.

⎻ Uses bluetooth earphones because, again, mostly listens during workouts.

─────────

Ryusui

⎻ First exposure to music was classical music from his parents. They kinda bought into the "having your baby listen to this music makes them a genius" thing.

⎻ He's fine with classical music and definitely developed a taste for it, but his actual favorite genres are jazz pop and electro swing. Flashy music to match a flashy guy!

⎻ Can you imagine Ryusui cruising through the seas to Sway.  Yeah. Exactly

⎻ From a very early age he's been able to go to concerts whenever he wanted. I mean, he's rich after all..

⎻ Because of this, he's a bit spoilt on live performances. If he can, he commissions the band directly to play privately for him and his friends on special occasions.

⎻ Owns a lot of high quality speakers and headphones too. Again, he's rich, he can do what he wants.

⎻ Still uses Spotify though. He knows better streaming services exist, but he stays for the sake of convenience.

─────────

NOTES

a mini playlist of the songs mentioned here!

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/0BqcHEpDc5YXLpwFXTlgM6?si=7ea0b9afd23846e6

you'll also find a senku playlist if you snoop around my account :3 ...