Rogue (by Ms Darkwood)

The sun hung low on the horizon, casting an orange glow over the vast expanse of the ocean

The sun hung low on the horizon, casting an orange glow over the vast expanse of the ocean. The small boat cut through the gentle waves, carrying Jane, Mike, Sarah, and Tom towards their adrenaline-pumping adventure. They had been talking about this shark cage diving trip for months, and now it was finally happening. The excitement was palpable.

"Look at that sunset," Jane said, snapping a picture with her phone. "This is going to be epic!"

"Yeah, I can't wait to see the sharks up close," Mike replied, adjusting his diving mask. "This is going to be insane!"

Sarah and Tom were less vocal, their faces betraying a mix of excitement and anxiety. Sarah had always been the cautious one, and Tom, her boyfriend, was trying to reassure her.

"Don't worry, babe. The cage is totally safe. We're gonna be fine," Tom said, squeezing Sarah's hand.

Their guide, Captain Reynolds, a grizzled seaman with decades of experience, steered the boat with a practiced hand. "Alright, folks, we're almost there. Get ready to suit up," he called out over the hum of the engine.

As the boat slowed to a stop, the group saw the cage being lowered into the water. It bobbed gently, attached to the side of the boat by sturdy cables. The water was crystal clear, and they could see the shadowy forms of fish swimming below.

"Alright, who’s going first?" Captain Reynolds asked, a twinkle of amusement in his eye.

"I'll go," Mike volunteered, his bravado masking a flicker of nervousness.

One by one, they donned their wetsuits and diving gear, their hearts pounding with anticipation. As they descended into the cage, the water was cool and refreshing. The bars of the cage felt solid and reassuring, a barrier between them and the unknown.

Minutes passed in silence, the only sounds being the rhythmic breathing through their regulators and the occasional clank of metal as they adjusted their positions. Then, out of the blue, a massive shadow emerged from the depths.

"Look! There it is!" Jane's voice crackled through the underwater communication system.

A great white shark, easily over 15 feet long, glided gracefully past the cage. Its eyes, black and cold, seemed to assess them with a predatory curiosity. For a few moments, all was serene. The shark circled them, indifferent to their presence.

Suddenly, a second, larger shadow appeared. This shark was different. It was massive, at least 25 feet long, and bore a deep, jagged scar running down its side. It moved with a deliberate, menacing grace, its eyes fixed on the cage.

"What's with that one?" Tom asked, his voice tinged with unease.

Captain Reynolds' voice crackled through the speakers. "That's Scar. We’ve seen him before. He's a rogue. Be alert, folks."

Scar circled the cage, closer and closer, its movements slow and deliberate. The tension was palpable. Then, with a sudden, violent burst of speed, Scar rammed the cage, sending a shudder through the metal bars.