I - The Myth Of Sunshowers

"They say when rain pours while the sky is so clear, a jiǔwěihú cries. Some also say that the cloud sobs, missing his beloved fox."

A young boy wearing white looks up to his mother in wonder, "Can't they just find each other?"

His mother placed her hand atop his head, slightly ruffling his hair making the child giggle.

"If fate will let them meet, then they shall."

The young boy fiddles the flower in his hands, slightly pouting, "I hope they do find each other."

Lan Xichen flutters his eyes open, waking up in a daze as he slowly turns outside his windows to look.

"It's been a while since I had that dream."

The sun is high up from the sky, the flapping of a bird's wings and its singing could be heard as he sighs, basking in the peace that he's currently feeling.

"Brother."

He sees his brother's silhouette just right outside of his door, seemingly accompanied by someone else.

"Come in."

He sees Wangji enter along with Wei Wuxian, making him muster a polite smile.

"Hello, A-Xian."

Wei Wuxian greets him with an even bigger smile than he gave before bowing, "I greet the Sect Leader."

Lan Xichen nods at them before beckoning them to sit in front of him.

"Are you in need of anything?"

Both of them only visit occasionally when they needed something, or to inform him of the news outside, or even because they only wanted to make him smile and forget what happened back then with Meng Yao.

Lan Xichen appreciates their thoughts, but there is no need for that.

He had long past got over it, and it isn't like he was having longer sleeps because of a deceased friend who betrayed him.

"Do you still feel lethargic after waking up, Xichen-da?" Asks Wei Wuxian, making Lan Xichen still.

"...Yes. But I am fine, A-Xian. I heard this is normal for most of the time."

Lan Xichen stifled a yawn that was threatening to come out before he pinched his nose to stop it.

"...Do you need anything else?" He asks, his eyesight slowly going blurry due to the sleepiness overtaking him.

This time, it was Wangji who spoke to him.

"There is something that is happening to the Southern part of Gusu's forest. We will investigate soon."

Lan Xichen nods in acknowledgement, remembering a report about that just yesterday...or was it two days ago?

Wei Wuxian then continued what Wangji was trying to say, "We wanted to ask if you can come with us. Lan Zhan had read that moving your body will minimize the feeling of lethargy you are feeling, Xichen-da."

Oh, so it was that.

Lan Xichen couldn't help but feel sorry, since they are worrying about him when all he did those years ago was to shut them out and lock himself in his room.

Maybe this was the result of his seclusion, sleeping everyday that he tend to forget the time passing by so quickly.

Maybe it's time to go out and end his childish choice that he made when he was grieving.

"...I will try. In return, can you make sure to wake me up?"

Wei Wuxian smiles, and Wangji mirrored his expression. It made Lan Xichen startle at his open expression, but he returned their smile.