23_BLESSED

"Are you sure, I mean there is no hurry. There's a lot of time, son." Mrs.Choi asked as she sat beside seungcheol and peeled the oranges.

"I'm ready, mom. I just don't want any barrier between us anymore. Many things happened in the last few months and if It happens again then I won't be able to handle being separated from her. We both have already endured too much and as a matter of fact many people are still out there trying to break me apart and they are using her as my weakness, I can't provide her the protection I want to and if we continue to go on like this, they will use her again." He sighed as his mother held his shoulder.

"She's not my weakness, mom. In fact, I feel way more strong and powerful when I'm with her but the reason that I can't guarantee her well being just because we don't live together is hunting me. I want her beside me, here so that I can protect her." Seungcheol continued as he focused back on his computer.

It was weekend and seungcheol was at his home. But the loss their business suffered from in the past few months was still there, hence he had to work on the holidays as well and clear it out.

"Ok, but did you asked her about it. Is she ready too?" Mrs.Choi asked. "I'm still planning on it. There are few things that needs to be done by the end of this week and then I will ask her." He replied as he took an orange and shoved it in his mouth before going back to his work.

"You know when you're dad first asked me for the marriage, my father declined his proposal because he wasn't still capable of building his own business." Mrs. Choi spoke after few minutes of silence as seungcheol turned to her with a surprised face. She chuckled and nodded. "but later on he entered his father's business and then came to my house with his parents to ask for my hand. That time he was still in the process of bringing the empire so my father continued to have his doubts on him but nevertheless he accepted their proposal. And just after an year of our marriage, he built the empire and made his own name in the industry." She smiled.

"He always said that his success was because of our marriage. That because we were together. And after few more months, he opened his branches in the neighbouring countries. And finally his dedication paid off."

Mrs. Choi turned to seungcheol and held his hands. He smiled. "Marriage is a huge part of life, son. And it isn't about only the day but involves our whole lives after." Seungcheol looked at her for few seconds and then nodded at his mom.

"I understand your worries but don't make decisions in a hurry. Think about it carefully and respect her decisions as well. Give yourself sometime before taking any step. And for a girl, marriage is a huge stride. Give her and her family time to think about it. And yes, if they are fine with it then we will proceed further." Mrs.Choi replied with a soft smile.

"Xue Zhen has grew up without her mother, and that is one of the most vulnerable thing to happen to someone but she grew up well mannered and disciplined and also She has been her family's hope to live after they lost Huan Mai. She's a wonderful child, son. She has a pure soul. So I want you to treat her as respectfully as you can."

"By marrying you, she will hand her whole life to stay devoted to you and so as you. And if you are fated, then she will also become the mother of your children and my son that is one of the greatest task to handle. So, Be patient and try to look in her thoughts, understand her. And most importantly, have faith in her." Mrs. Choi spoke lastly before giving a kiss on his forehead, seungcheol nodded and gave her an assuring smile, she smiled back before getting up,"I will talk to your Father about it after you and zhen both are certain." 

"Okay, thanks mom." Seungcheol replied as Mrs choi smiled nodding and made her way out. He watched as the door of his room closed. Placing his laptop aside, he sighed deeply.