4

Nova

"You be safe and call me as soon you touch down lil bit. Check ya cash app too,"

"I have money dad." I told him.

"I know, but you know I'm gon always make sure you straight. Plus, I cash append Kaari this morning and you know my saying."

"If Kaari get one, I get one too." I responded. Years later he still lived by that statement. I was still so very appreciative to have parents that loved me dearly.

"You know it. Tell Amiri check her cash app too." I was blessed even more to have parents that loved my best friend like their own. They went just as hard for Amiri as they did for me.

"Amiri, dad said check your cash app," Amiri quickly pulled out her phone and checked it.

"He so Goated, thanks pops."

"Tell her she welcome, I love y'all. I'll talk to you later."

"We love you too, bye." I hung up and looked at Amiri. We had the same excited expression on our face.

"Bestfriend, a nigga really flying you out. Not that any of this is new. I just think it's sweet." She cheesed.

"He's flying US out. He knows iont do nothing without my bestie and who knows maybe you'll hit it off with one of his fine friends."

"Maybe," The sound of my phone pulled me from my thoughts. A smile tugged at my lips seeing that it was Michael.

22💜 Goodmorning Nova, I ain't gon lie. A nigga excited to see you.

I honestly can't wait to see you either. What are we gon do this weekend?

22💜 Whatever you want, but I got some stuff planned.

Okay. Cool. We're about to board. See you in a bit.

The moment our plane touched down in New York, the excitement in the air was palpable. Amiri and I exchanged nervous glances before disembarking, but as soon as we spotted Michael waiting for us at arrivals, any lingering doubts melted away. I instantly blushed, he was so handsome in person. He greeted me a warm smile and a hug that instantly put me at ease, and we fell into easy conversation as he led us to the waiting car.

"Welcome to New York, y'all! Michael exclaimed as we settled into the back seats. "How was the flight?"

"It was great, thank you," I replied, unable to contain my grin.

"No matter how many times I visit, I'm in awe. NY is so different from Memphis." Amiri nodded eagerly.

"Yeah, it's like a whole new world." Michael chuckled.

"Wait until you see the view from your suite. It's pretty spectacular."

True to his word, the hotel suite was nothing short of breathtaking. The expansive windows offered a panoramic view of the city skyline, and the luxurious furnishings made us feel like royalty. Amiri and I exchanged excited glances, barely able to contain our awe.

"Michael, this is so pretty!" I exclaimed, spinning around to take it all in. He smiled warmly.

"I'm glad you like it. Make yourselves at home. We have a bit of time before we head to set, so feel free to relax and settle in."