Today

Note #1: Some other songs I think relate to this story (aka a very very short playlist):

bad - wave to earth

Flower - Johnny Stimson

This story isn't part of my main Lachy x Reader story, by the way. It's just a little something for not just my favorite Wiggles song of all-time, but also for my favorite song in general of all-time.

Now then, onto the story!

Lachy lays in his bed staring at the ceiling. He's bored. He wants to go outside, but it's too much of a beautiful day to spend it alone. Anthony, Simon, and Emma are busy with their own activities along with their Wiggly friends; Dorothy, Wags, Captain Feathersword, and Henry. He hasn't been this bored in a while. He doesn't feel like working on any inventions. At least not alone...alone...that's it! He picks up his cell phone and looks at your contact, but then realization hits him. He'd be asking you to spend time with him. Just the two of you. Sure, you both hung out together before, but usually when the other Wiggles were around. This time felt...different.

Still, the more time he spent overthinking, the more his boredom would grow. So, he rehearsed what he would say to you and then called you, waiting for you to pick up.

Ring. Ring. Ring.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Y/N! Uh, I was wondering if you wanted to come with me to the park today?" Lachy tried not to let his nervousness slip through his voice.

"That sounds excellent. Meet you there?"

"Mhm. See you there," he hangs up and exhales.

Step one complete.

The walk to the park wasn't too far from Wigglehouse. He exits and makes his way there. He eventually sees you walking towards him and waving just in time.

"You ready?" He extends his hand.

You smile while enthusiastically nodding, holding it in return.

The transition from spring to fall was in process. There's a fair amount of flowers still in bloom and leaves occasionally falling from the trees. A green leaf twirls in the air and lands on Lachy's head. You notice it and start laughing lightly. Lachy takes the leaf out of his curly hair to look at it and laughs along.

The sun's light shines down on your beautiful H/C hair, truly capturing each strand, gloss, and texture. Lachy can't help but marvel at your facial features. Your loving E/C eyes, your alluring smile, there's something about you Lachy can't get enough of.

You turn your head, catching him staring at you with a proud, soft expression. His shoulders jump and he looks away from being caught. He's embarrassed. How cute. You swing your intertwined hands and pick up your knees higher to the point where the two of you start skipping. The simple joy in doing simple actions fills his heart, especially doing it with someone he enjoys spending a lot of time with.

Since Wiggleworld is such a fun and interesting place, anything can happen. You and Lachy skip so much that you two start levitating off the sidewalk and start floating into the clouds. You're surprised at first, but Lachy squeezes your hand assuring you that it's okay and to simply go with it. Wiggleworld can be such an odd place for outsiders, but with Lachy by your side, you seem to know everything.

You and Lachy skip and play in the clouds. You roll a cloud into the shape of a snowball and throw it at Lachy. He turns around wondering what hit him just to see you snickering. You were too busy laughing to realize he suddenly swoops you up from below, making you sit on his shoulders. You widen your eyes in surprise and scream as Lachy purposely falls backwards. The clouds protect you from hurting yourself. You pop your head back up, noticing a silly cloud-shaped hat on your head and a cloud-shaped goatee below your chin.

You move around and call out for Lachy as he's nowhere to be seen. "Lachy? Lachy?"

He appears from a cloud pile with a cloud-shaped mustache underneath his nose. You notice each other's appearance and laugh.

Suddenly, it feels as if the clouds whisk by, allowing you two to descend back to the ground to continue your walk as Lachy continues to admire your stunning appearance, holding your hand again. This time, with more confidence and a less sweaty palm than before.

Admiring the flowers and falling leaves once more, another leaf falls into Lachy's hair. You notice it and start to laugh again. He plucks it out and chuckles.

The rest of the walk feels like the exact definition of harmonious. It's just you, him, and the sounds of nature. You take a deep breath and exhale through your mouth. It feels as if life couldn't get any better.

Once you two make your way back to your house, you unlock the door and turn back to Lachy. "I can't thank you enough for this," you smile.

"It's not a problem, Y/N," he stuffs his hands in his pockets and swings back and forth from his toes to his heel. "If it's...not a problem or not too much of a hassle, I'd, um...really like to do this again someday..." his voice softens with each word until you can't hear him.

"I didn't hear that last part. What did you say?"

He gulps. "I—I'd really love to do this again with you sometime..."

"One more time?"

He closes his eyes. "I really love you!" He says loud and clear. Realizing that he forgot a large majority of words within his sentence, he covers his mouth and widens his eyes before closing them tightly again. He doesn't dare look at you right now. You stand there with your mouth slightly open, blinking in surprise, flattery, and...some other third emotion you can't decipher right away, but most of all, you feel...the same way.

"Lachy..." you break the silence, cupping his face, and stroking his cheek, gesturing to him to open at least one eye. He does so with a peek of uncertainty. "...I love you, too."

His eyes fully open. His body is still, but his face does all the talking. His eyes seem to glimmer more than usual when he's looking at you, his cheeks are definitely getting rosy, and more importantly, he cracks a smile knowing your feelings are reciprocated.

He picks you up by the waist and spins you around. You yelp for a moment before completely embracing everything and wrap your arms around his neck. He sets you down and lovingly stares into your eyes. The sunset is perfectly cast behind the two of you as you both lean in for an overdue kiss.