Chapter 1

Freddy paused his work as he chopped vegetables in the kitchen when he felt something nudge his side.

He turned and smiled softly as he realized it was his husband, Bonnie. He was working on dinner by his side. 

"You were spacing out, babe. Is everything okay?" Bonnie gave him a look of concern.

Freddy brushed it off with a chuckle. "I'm alright... just nervous..."

Bonnie understood what he was talking about and nodded solemnly. 

For over a decade now, the world has been slowly falling apart since news came out about a new disease outbreak. A disease that altered your mind and body, and turned you into a walking, feral animal. Essentially, a zombie. Thankfully, it was kept contained, but that did not stop the public from worrying. Many were encouraged to remain solitary and not go out socializing, and to avoid and report anyone with violet eyes or who was showing odd behavior. 

Food was getting scarcer and more expensive, crime was going up, people were disappearing from their homes, and poverty has greatly risen.

Freddy and Bonnie were lucky they had the money to keep their house and to support their family, many did not.  

Eventually, things would get better. Bonnie said that all the time. That the world would heal and bounce back, like it always had. Though, the longer this went on, the less hope Freddy had. He was not sure how Bonnie could remain so certain and optimistic. 

It was supposed to be a peacful day. The sun was beaming, there were few clouds in the sky, it was a beautiful day to go outside and play. Maybe they would tell Gregory to go out to the backyard and enjoy the day. That was, until, it was interrupted.

Both adults froze what they were doing at the distant sound of an alarm further away. 

Bonnie paused to listen closely while Freddy peeked between the blinds to see what it was.

He knew what it could be, but he was praying it was not what he thought it was. Much to his dread, it was.

A military vehicle was driving through town with a red siren. They had learned from the news that this meant one thing: the virus has broken out, and was now out of control. It likely had been for some time, but it was kept from the people until now, when it was already too late to contain it again.

Freddy's stomach dropped as he glanced at Bonnie, who shared an equally fearful expression. They did not have time to sit around, though. They had to get out. 

Both of them already had a plan in case this happened. They were going to go out towards countryside to where Foxy lived, because the population was smaller and less dense. But if they did not move fast, they would not make it through traffic to get out of the city. 

Freddy scowled. "I'll get our things and help Gregory pack. You get Daisy and all the baby supplies and other essentials." 

Bonnie nodded and left to prepare. He was hoping they would have had a few more years, that way Daisy would have been older and easier to care for. She was only a year old at this point, and Gregory was six, meaning it would be difficult to provide for them. 

Still, Bonnie knew exactly what to pack already for Daisy. When the baby's supplies were set, he packed the first aid kit, cash, food and water, camping gear, and weapons. By the time he was done, Freddy was finished packing for them, and was currently dressing Gregory.