Chapter 3

"Please be careful, and remember-" Freddy rambled as Bonnie packed his backpack.

Bonnie rolled his eyes goodheartedly. Freddy always got like this when Bonnie went out alone. He stood up and approached his husband, placing his paws on his shoulders and pecking his lips to silence him.

"I'm going to be fine, honey. I know how to handle myself." He insisted.

Freddy sighed. "... I know, I'm sorry... I'm being annoying again." He chuckled humorlessly.

Bonnie giggled. "You're not annoying, honey. I appreciate your concern, but I'll be okay."

Freddy nodded with a sad smile. "... could you bring back the candy I like too?" He whispered.

Bonnie snickered and nodded, headbutting Freddy's forehead affectionately. As they were talking, Gregory jogged in from the living room.

"Can I go with you for supplies?? I haven't been away from this house in years!" He complained.

Freddy shook his head. "No, Gregory... it's too dangerous-" he started. Bonnie quickly butted in.

"No, no, wait. Let's talk about this..." Bonnie began, gesturing for Gregory to let them talk alone. The boy nodded and left.

Freddy turned back to Bonnie in confusion. "Honey, we've talked about this. This world isn't safe for him anymore, he can't go out there..."

Bonnie sighed. "This world is never going to be safe for him, Freddy... he can't just stay inside forever. If something happens to us, he should know how to take care of himself." He explained.

Freddy went quiet to think, so Bonnie continued.

"You know Gregory, honey... he can only be contained for so long. The more we restrict him, the more he's going to want to leave. I'd rather him leave with me than sneaking out on his own."

The bear finally sighed, his ears falling solemnly. Bonnie was quick to embrace him again for comfort.

"... I know this is a lot to process, and I know it's scary, but I think Gregory needs this. I'll keep him safe." He spoke softer.

Freddy hummed, leaning in to Bonnie's touch.

"... alright. I trust your judgment, honey." He whispered to Bonnie.

The bunny leaned up to peck his husband's nose before leaving the kitchen to tell Gregory the good news.

"Wait, can I come too??" Daisy jogged forward excitedly. Bonnie chuckled and shook his head.

"You're still too young, Daisy. When you're Gregory's age, I'll take you out." He promised.

The girl pouted while Gregory slipped on his windbreaker jacket in excitement. Freddy had come in soon after, lifting Daisy into his arms to cheer her up. He turned to Gregory in a serious expression.

"Remember to do exactly what Bonnie tells you... this is very dangerous, Greg." He lectured.

The boy nodded, hardly listening to Freddy's warning.

"Yeah, yeah... come on, let's go!" He gestured to Bonnie.

The bunny shook his head goodheartedly and waved goodbye to Freddy and Daisy as they left the front door.

...

Gregory was in both awe and horror at the sight around him.

Less than a mile from the farm, there was a small country town. As far as Freddy and Bonnie have seen over the years, there are no other survivors here.