⋅˚₊⋅˚౨ৎ⋆˚𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 3 ˚⋆౨ৎ˚⋅₊˚

My entire body trembles at the sound of each syllable of my very own name. I freeze. I don't even turn to face him. I shiver as I hear footsteps grow closer. It's him. Kai Blaine.

"Miss me?" I can feel him stand behind me and I dread the thought of turning to face him.

Kai was my past boyfriend. Everytime I see him it's like traveling back in time, a time where I had to wear heavy makeup and act as if I was blind, as if I didn't see all the other girls. To this very day, I raise my arms and brace for impact every little move he makes. I can hardly remember a time where we spoke that didn't end in harsh words and loud voices.
I started walking, no racing to get into the dining hall. My mary janes made a sharp screech that echoed throughout the halls. He had taken hold of my arm. I could feel the agonizing pain of each and every fingernail seeping lower, and lower, into my arm.

"Let go"

His nails sunk deeper.

"I certainly missed you."

I could feel the warmth of my eyes welling up and my arm going numb. A tear trickled down my eye slowly. I heard footsteps approaching. Someone was coming.

"Shit" Swiftly, he let go of me and I let out a soft gasp.

"Claire!" I finally turn around to face Kai and look past him.

Towards the end of the hall I see a tall figure, someone that isn't Clarie.