Chapter 2 ~ Atlas

I was becoming more and more desperate. Vera needed more than we could give it, and dark forces seemed to be on the rise. Marika did her best to create a triad of coupling when I wasn't out scouring the planet for my mate, but it wasn't the tetrad that we needed. The planet was slowly dieing, and if I didn't find my mate soon, it would start to show. Korum thought there was a chance she had died early and restarted the reincarnation process, causing a disruption in the natural balance of things. The worst off Vera had ever been had been hundreds of years ago, when two out of the tetrad had been missing, killed off early. We had almost gone extinct, and Tera had been happy to move in and help our species along. At the time it had been more than needed and welcome, but now I wondered if the mingling of our species is what was causing me to be unable to find my mate. I had been alone for too long, things weren't right. I could see into the memories of my past lives, my mate in my last life had died at the same time I had, so she should have been reincarnated at the same time as well... Unless she had been killed again, like Korum suggested. The thought made me boil with fury, that someone might have been able to identify my mate at such a young age and take measures against her. I punched the wall. I had to find her. Either someone had found and killed her early, or she was unable to be reincarnated into a pure blooded Veran body, because there were none left.