⁰¹⁶. 𝐛𝐨𝐫𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐰𝐚𝐲

ACCEPTANCE IS A FUNNY CONCEPT sometimes

ACCEPTANCE IS A FUNNY CONCEPT sometimes. The very definition of it was funny, to be honest with you. As the urban dictionary says, fully acknowledging the facts of a situation and not fixating on how it shouldn't be that way. Whatever that means.

Acceptance is a profound act of embracing reality as it is, without judgment. But when you look at the world not everyone is okay with a lot of things because it doesn't fit the definition of normal standards of human nature.

By accepting others, we create a space for compassion, understanding, and authentic connection. And that was pretty much what this week's assignment was about, but not without some drama, of course.

The week started with Finn's dancing breaking Rachel's nose during dance rehearsals and she went to the hospital to get checked out. Nadia found herself sitting in the choir room the next day with her legs crossed while Rachel stood in front of the room with a bandage over her nose. This was interesting because Nadia could've sworn that Rachel said she was getting a nose job.

Quinn then spoke up, "Oh, my god. You're getting a nose job."

Rachel corrected, "I'm considering having a minor procedure to repair my deviated septum."

"So, a nose job," Santana stated the obvious as it is.

Rachel sighed, "Look, I'm...I'm happy with the way that I look, okay? And I've embraced my nose. But let's say I wanted to have a slightly more demure nose. Like Quinn's for example. I-I would never change my appearance for vanity, but, I mean, the doctor said that it could possibly improve my talent, which would help us all for Nationals."

"Possibly." Mr. Shue replied. "What about the risks? Your voice is amazing as is, Rachel."

Santana objected. "Hold up. Could we all just get real here for a second? I hear that Rachel's got a bit of a schnoz. I mean, I wouldn't know because like Medusa I try to avoid eye contact with her. But can we all just stop lying about how there aren't things that we wouldn't change about ourselves? I mean, I'm sure that Sam's been at the doctor's office and rifled through pamphlets on mouth reduction. I'll bet Artie's thought about getting his legs removed since he's not really using them anyway. And I'm definitely sure that Tina's looked into getting an eye de-slanting."

"That's extraordinarily racist." Tina commented.

"I'm keeping it real."

Tina crosses her arms over her chest. "Sorry, Santana. I'm a beautiful person. I'm in love with myself, and I would never change a thing."

"Is that why you're wearing blue eye contacts today, Tina?" Mike asked his girlfriend then mumbled, "Self-hating Asian."

"Not many Asian sex symbols, Mike. I'm trying to be in fashion and mirror what I see in the magazines." Tina explained to him.

"My dancing kind of bothers me. Uh, it almost killed Rachel, but I like the way I look." Finn stated.

Santana rolled her eyes, "Oh, please. You have weird, puffy, pyramid nipples. They look like they're filled with custard, or you could dust them with powdered sugar and they could pass for some sort of dessert." She continued, "Look, maybe Rachel's fine with having an enormous beak. Maybe she needs it to crack hard seeds. All I'm saying is that if you look in the mirror and you don't like what you see, you should change it."