Distance.

First trial ended. And with that, Es's votes came out. Everyone was forgiven except for... Fuuta, Mahiru, Amane and Mikoto. Kazui still didn't get HOW could Es not forgive any of them.

The mentioned ones were  all pretty distressed, and if that wasn't enough, Kotoko decided to attack them.

She attacked Fuuta and Mahiru, Mikoto fought back, and Amane got out of it easily. Kazui could stop Kotoko only before she killed them, but at that point the damage was made.

Shidou and Kazui took care of Mahiru and Fuuta together for some time, before because of his work, Shidou started acting distant from Kazui.

Kazui couldn't wrap his head around it. And now they didn't have the excuse to go and smoke together with Mikoto, because he was "half crazy" or something and Shidou was too busy.

Kazui didn't know what to do anymore. Everything he could do was keep an eye on Kotoko, in case she attacked again. But he missed Shidou. More than anything.

A day, after Shidou's daily check-in for Mahiru, Kazui went to Mahiru's cell and called out for her.

K: "Uhm uhm, Mahiru?"

Mahiru was laying in the bed, resting a little. Her bones still hurt a lot. She raised her head a little and saw Kazui.

M: "Oh... Kazui... need something? Come in..."

Kazui walked in her cell and sat on the ground next to Mahiru's bed. Keeping her company wouldn't hurt.

K: "I don't need anything... I just wanted to keep you company. And perhaps asking you an advice."
M: "An advice...? Hm... about what?"
K: "An advice about love, obviously..."

Mahiru's face instantly lit up with a smile. The word "love" always made her happy.

M: "Love, huh?"
K: "Yeah... what should I do if the person I love starts acting distant from me? For... some reasons."
M: "Hmmm..."

Mahiru thought about it for a moment.

M: "Well... maybe if they act distant then they need some space."
K: "No... there's another reason."
M: "Ah..."

Mahiru stayed silent for a little. Then a small smirk appeared on her lips.

M: "...is this about Shidou?"

Kazui shot his head to Mahiru. Was it really easy to tell!?...

...well, he was the only one who was busy in this prison...

M: "Hmm... Shidou... I don't know. It's normal that he's more concerned about us. But he isn't distancing himself on purpose. Perhaps just give me and Fuuta some time to heal..."

Kazui nodded a little.

M: "And maybe give him a hand. What he can't do, do it for him. Helping each other in a relationship is important!"

K: "Ah-ahah... alright alright."

The two of them smiled at each other. Kazui got up from the ground and  said bye to Mahiru, letting her rest.

What he can't do, do it for him...
Those words kept ringing in Kazui's head. Maybe he was thinking too much about their friendship, and less about Shidou's feelings... if he needs a hand... or if he's tired... or maybe if he's happy to help Fuuta and Mahiru.
Kazui just wanted his Shidou back.

~Author's corner~
those two last chapters were boring as fuuuuckkkkk.... but I don't have many things to say about t1. *sobsob*