Prologue

Smack! His left fist connects with the right side of my head. Everything starts to spin as I fall backwards. The next thing I know, he is standing over me.

"What now, Bitch?"

Using all I have left I kick him in the groin and jump up. Now I'm standing over him.

"Is that all you've got?"

I know I'm taunting him and that this is not a smart thing to do, but I'm pissed off. I can take getting punched. I can take getting knocked out. What I can't take is getting shot at for no damn reason. I mean, what the fucking hell.

"I thought I told you to knock him out, not let HIM beat YOU up."

I spun around to find the guy speaking holding a gun on me. Well, shit. This just got real. I mean, seriously, is this a street fight or a real one. If its the latter one, I'm not being paid enough.

"Who the hell are you?"

I know I'm being rude and should probably not be pissing him off, but I don't have anymore patience left.

"Your worst nightmare!"

It takes me a second to realize that it's HIM. Damn, I can't get a break. Did they really have to send HIM? Shit! I'm dead.

"What's the matter? Cat got your tongue?"

Fuck him!

"No! Just surprised they sent YOU."

I know I said "you" with enough disgust to piss him off. Hey, I'm already dead. Might as well have some fun.

"Why? Scared I'll beat you?"

Damn, he's really pissing me off. If he doesn't stop, I will end up killing him.

"Not one bit."

I sounded so much more confident than I really am. I know he has realized this, too. Hell, he has this evil smirk like he has already won.

"Then, let's find out."

I don't have time to react. The next second he has his gun put away and is lunging at me full speed. I try to step to the side, but he's just too fast. His fist connects with my head and sends me flying into the brick wall of the gym. I feel it crumble with the force in which I hit it. Damn, that's gonna leave a mark. I look up and see him coming at me, again. And again, I can't move fast enough. He grabs me and throws me across the gym. I try to stand up, but I quickly fall back down. I can't stand up straight. That can only mean one thing. My bones are crushed from the impact. I open my eyes to see a smirking asshole looking down at me.

"Looks like I win the final round. Too bad. I was hoping for a better fight."

I try to open my mouth to tell him off, but I can't. I realize then that I am already on the brink of death. I hear laughter and look up to see him laughing at ME. All of the sudden, a shot rings out through the gym. He immediately stops laughing and starts coughing up a red liquid. I look down at his chest. His white shirt has a red stain that is growing really fast. My eyes widen and I try to find the person holding the gun. What I see surprises me.

"Didn't think I'd let him kill you, did you?"

I try to speak again, but to no avail. A second later, my eyes close and I welcome oblivion. I was right. I am dead.