Chapter 19 | Cute

Present

Rosalie

"What?!" I squeal and my jaw literally drops, my feet refusing to drag me any further.

"This is uh... Your kitchen?" I gape at the sight in front of me.

"Yeah." He shrugs and heads to the fridge, leaving me with amazement.

"I will go get some food." He says.

I stand still, my gaze can't seem to stop scanning around the kitchen, scrutinizing everything in awe.

"Your kitchen is really beautiful!" I blurt out sincerely, complimenting the room while he's preparing something with his back facing me.

"Like really really beautiful!" I repeat excitedly.

"What are you making?" I ask him after having finished my tour of checking out his kitchen.

"Bacons and eggs." He answers briefly as I catch a glimpse of him cracking an egg into the pan, making sizzling noises as a whiff of tasty smell finds its way into my nostrils.

"Sounds good!" I lick my lips at the thought and my belly grumbles.

I observe him cooking absorbedly, feeling impressed by his skilled movement.

Wow, he knows how to cook.

Meanwhile I don't.

That's so hot...

What the-

Jeez, stop it brain!

❁ ❁ ❁

"Yeah I was like what the heck when he asked to borrow my clothes." The woman sitting in front of him jokes and everyone laughs.

"Liam, you are the closest person to him, what are your thoughts about this?" The guy on his right asks as he lights a cigarette.

"I don't know man. He ignored lots of my questions regarding her." Liam purses his lips and turns to the man sitting on his left. "I couldn't exploit anything from him, how about you?"

"You took that girl home right? How was it?" He continues.

"What did she say to ya?" The woman inclines her torso closer with an interest of hearing out his story.

"Uh..."

"Well..."

"She was cool and nice to talk to." Sam answers.

Suddenly everyone gives him a ridiculous look, including Pedro even though he wasn't showing any interest in the conversation in the first place.

No one utters a word, making room for the imaginary sound of crickets to emerge in the background as Sam budges in his seat, not sure of what he did was wrong.