flos - spy x family

SUMMARY: Yona Briar is the twin sister of Yuri Briar, and younger sister of Yor Briar. Despite not being as strong as Yor, or smart as Yuri, Yona makes do with her charm. As an adult, she works at the Red Donchett bar. However, like her siblings, Yona's life isn't as peaceful as it appears to be.

meet yona

"GOOD WORK TODAY!" Yona's co-worker called out as he went out. Yona waved back, smiling. "You too!" The front door of Red Donchett bar clicked shut, and she was left alone. Humming softly, she began to clean the bar. Sweeping the floor, then mopping it. She wiped the counter top, organised the displays, threw out the trash.

When Yona was done, she turned off the lights and locked the front door. The bar was deserted, but only for a short while. Minutes later, the back door that led to the main office was unlocked. Yona walked over to the security cameras and fiddled with some buttons, as Yuri taught her, and looped the security footage to show an empty bar.

It was troublesome to take so many precautions every time she had to replace the listening devices, but Yona knew she had to be careful if she did not want to be discovered. Putting on gloves, she walked back to the main bar area. With deft fingers, she fished out the listening devices hidden in the crevices of cushion seats and from under tables. Then, she hid the new listening devices in other locations. Yona did a final walk around the bar, making sure that nothing seemed out of the ordinary. When she was satisfied, she returned to the main office and reset the security camera. She exited from the back door, and this time, left for good.

It was almost 6am when Yona left Red Donchett, and the world was slowly waking up. The early morning was a lovely time to be outside; it was too late to encounter any drunks, and too early for the morning rush. Yona stopped in the middle of the street, breathing in the cold air.

It's so peaceful.

When she reached her house, she took out a key and unlocked the room furthest away from the entrance. The inside was bare, except for a single computer in the centre. It was a big and blocky thing that was difficult to hide, so Yona resorted to keeping it locked away. While she ate breakfast, she listened to yesterday's recordings. Often, it was useless chatter, but she still listened to everything.

Her patience ultimately paid off. Bug #12 picked up a conversation about an illegal transaction happening in a few days. Yona went to the telephone in her living room and dialed a number. After a few rings, he finally picked up.

"Hey, Yuri, I have a tip-off." Yona absent-mindedly twirled the telephone coil. "A City Hall worker named Jim Hayward has been leaking information to Westalian agents. There will be a transaction in two days, during the lunch break." There was a pause. "No, I don't know where it will be. Can't you tail him, or something?" Another pause. "Fine, I'll try."

Yona hung up. She went back to the computer and continued listening to the rest of the recordings, but there was nothing else of interest. By now, it was almost afternoon. She stood and stretched. Exhausted, she locked the room again and went to her bedroom. The curtain was still drawn, from when she left for work yesterday. Below, Yona could see different kinds of people. She stared at them for only a moment, before pulling the curtains together. Then, she went to bed.

Sleeping when people were awake and being awake when people were sleeping, that was just the life of an informant.

Fun Fact: Red Donchett's opening hours are from 5pm to 4am. Since it is located near the City Hall, it is a favorite spot for office workers to unwind and drink after a hard day of work. Yona usually works the closing shift, from 8pm to 4am.

A/N: Only wrote the first chapter because I had no idea where I could go with this. I had a few scene ideas, like Anya asking Yona for advice on how to woo Damian, but ultimately failing (lol); Loid visiting the bar and immediately spotting all the bugs; of course some backstory too. Also I'm pretty sure I got the historical details wrong. Were people able to tamper with the security camera footage, or was its only function to record? Were listening devices able to record conversations or only transmit information real-time? I tried searching but my brain blanks when I read history and explanations.